Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Palm Zoo

Last year in the Canaries palm disease struck quite a lot of mature trees.
This year in Corralejo they were diging up the roots along the 'promenade'.
Passing in the car some took on the look af creatures, so here are a few just for fun.

[Image: IMG_8079.JPG]
Coypu.

[Image: IMG_8080.JPG]
Lion.

[Image: IMG_8085.JPG]
Giraffe.

[Image: IMG_8086.JPG]
Stork.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Interesting visualization - I see what you mean - good eye!

I admire your creativity, good eye and composition to show this roots of the trees and give them shape of animals.

Well done NT... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for looking.
If I had waited for better light they would be even better, but those beautiful steak dinners called very loudly. Big Grin

Our receptionist said they were very expensive to replace as they have to use a different variety, which is resistant to disease. These were only there for one day and then they were gone.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

awesome. what's a coypu?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thought it was like a beaver but it looks like a mouse, (I googled for it). I then tried beaver but got the wrong kind.Rolleyes Maybe a seal would fit better. When I first saw them It was just getting dusk, and the light plays funny tricks.

Lumix LX5.

A funny and whimsical idea -- very nice. I also have no idea what a Coypu is, but I'd say that it could pass for a three-quarters rear view of a hippo.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

OK! Hippo it is, with a rabbits tail. Big Grin

It is very sad that they died, as they produce a lovely shade and colour when healthy.

Lumix LX5.

In Spanish it is called coipo or coipú. It is a water rodent commonly know too as nutria, otter...

From Babylon my word translator... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne