Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paper kite butterfly.

Here are some of the pictures I got during the weekend... I am so happy we found this place because it has many places. It isn't only the butterfly garden but a pond with dragonflies, a kind of zen garden really beautiful... We didn't explore it all, but we got invited to come again. The other good thing is that the price is really reasonable, 5euro per person. I think it is ok.

I am working my pictures by series, so this is the first series of this butterfly.

[Image: IMG_6543-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6624-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6631-Edit.jpg]

The butterfly in this one is a bit blurred, if you go 100% but I think in this size, you don't see it much.
I just got two picture with butterflies in flight.
[Image: IMG_6686-Edit.jpg]

Just playing around with this one.
[Image: IMG_6627-Edit-2.jpg]

I hope you like them... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

all great shots Irma..............I really like #4 with the butterfly in the water and the turtle (i think) on the rocks.

the flood filter in #5 works for me ..........Cool

also the light in #1, as I said all great shots Big Grin

Thanks Russ... Smile

Those turtles... you can't imagine what happened... I didn't see them!!
Just when I arrived home and saw turtles in G's pictures I asked him, where were those?

Unbelievable, they were in front of me, just one meter and I didn't see them... Sad
I just prepared myself to see only butterflies...

That is why I will never shine as a photographer, I am just blind... Sad

Paul Cezanne

Great shots Irma, love the saturation of colours in #3 and the filter works for me too. I love butterflies they are fascinating to watch and photograph. For 5 euro I would be there very often!

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

They are beautiful photo's Irma. I like especially the last one.
Have you added the bottom half of the pic or is it natural.

#3 seems to have an egg behind the butterflies wing, so I am not sure I like that bit .

When I have been to the butterfly places it is very steamy. I wonder if there is much damage to the camera because of this.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

#1 and the flood filter one are particularly well done - I would have not thought of using flood for that - good eye.

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

NT this is a plug-in you can use in PS don't know if you can do it in other program, that makes your picture this way. I am just testing it, because downloaded the free demo from here, you can use it for 30 days. This is the first picture I work with, but there are lots of ways to use it, and so ingenious.... What I did in this one is to enlarge your canvas double height and then applay the filter, it takes second. The filter duplicate de picture, flipp it and make the ripples. You have lots of options to make the ripples as you like.

I worked once with displacement maps... Oh! God! that was a lot of work, and at the end it didn't work in my picture because the tutorial was meant for smaller pictures. The plug in is very easy.

About my camera... I have been already in one of those houses and I didn't have any problem, the lens was fine and all, this time my glass went milky and I had to wait for a bit... The thing is that while I was taking my pictures I had problems with the focus, and this is something that worries me... I haven't taken any picture since that day... Sad but I know I have to test it again.. Sad

Anyway, when I was taking my pictures and I focused in the butterflies, something slipped and my picture turned out out of focus completely, it happened let's say 7 times.

This is the result... Sad

[Image: IMG_6618-Edit.jpg]

It didn't happened before the butterfly garden and I took some other pictures out of the place and it didn't happened there....

I don't know whether it was something with the lens or the camera, don't know really. Tomorrow I will try to take pictures with the same lens and see what happens.... Sad If this is a problem because of the humidity, I won't take it again... Sad

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Those turtles... you can't imagine what happened... I didn't see them!!
Just when I arrived home and saw turtles in G's pictures I asked him, where were those?
That made me smile. I think this image is great even if you didn't see the turtle.
The composition and dof in #2 is great too... it makes that butterfly look so big.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Just to be different I like #5 - but they are all tops Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks Shane, Pat for your comment... Smile

In #2 I cropped and rotated the image, there was a leaf very close to its face, I had to clone out. I wanted to work with this one because in detail, it is the best one.

Paul Cezanne

Simply stunning Irma - I think you are a wonderful photographer and these are all excellent. I like the flood filtered one the best.

Canon stuff.

Irma Wrote:That is why I will never shine as a photographer, I am just blind... Sad
I think these and most of your other photos say you do shine as a photographer .

Great job Irma , i really like them all .

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Everything Irma comes up with seems to be totally different from the one before, and yet it always looks professional. Hope you are blushing. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks so much you are so kind with me and my pictures... Smile

Yes, NT now I am blushing... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Just caught up here....1 and 5 really do sing: that flood is really inspirational, Irma!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks Zig... Smile

You are right it is a very interesting filter, I have already so many ideas to work with ... Smile
now what I need is time!

Paul Cezanne

Some great work here Irma. #1 is simply perfect.

Flood effect dosent do it for me though. Tongue

Thanx for sharing.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Thanks Paul... Smile

And thanks for your comment about the filter, always it's interesting to know what other photographers think about different post processings... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Love these Irma, especially #1 & #3, Super sharp and nice colors too. Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Sep 25, 2016, 03:18
Last Post by manspam
Jan 21, 2014, 20:38