Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Peacock

I am definitely not a natural history photographer but couldn't help taking this peacock butterfly in my garden. I liked it, hope you do.
Canon 450d, 18-55 lens, f5.6, 1/250th, hand held.

[Image: IMG_0649b_zpsbe98a66f.jpg]

Nice capture. What post processing. On my monitor, looks a bit overdone? Ed.

To each his own!

(Nov 15, 2014, 05:56)EdMak Wrote:  Nice capture. What post processing. On my monitor, looks a bit overdone? Ed.

Not much, mainly cropped & reduced background highlights.
Thanks for comment.
Derek.

(Nov 15, 2014, 05:56)EdMak Wrote:  On my monitor, looks a bit overdone? Ed.

I agree with Ed - for me, the colours of the insect (and leaves) have a slightly unnatural feel. If it has had little processing, it might have had a bit too much exposure for the scene, and/or perhaps the camera was set to a scene-mode/picture-style/custom-setting that has increased the saturation.

Nevertheless, it is a very good sharp capture of one of nature's beauties. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Outrageously efficient and beautiful.

I thought I would share a pic of a Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) taken here in Canada. Many about, as well as the Golden and many other species of Raptor. This shot was taken just after the bird got wet! They eat fish....
Details
Canon: 1Ds Mk lll
Lens: Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS
Shutter: 1/2000
Aperture: f2.8
ISO: 200
Focal length 300mm

No post processing

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Nice shot of the Peacock; always an attractive butterfly to capture. My slight manipulation was to darken the highlight of the leaf. I think to try to do more would have been detrimental to a nice image.

Peter

[Image: IMG_0649b_zpsbe98a66fcopy.jpg]

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Nov 20, 2014, 08:13)Plantsman Wrote:  Nice shot of the Peacock; always an attractive butterfly to capture. My slight manipulation was to darken the highlight of the leaf. I think to try to do more would have been detrimental to a nice image.

Peter

[Image: IMG_0649b_zpsbe98a66fcopy.jpg]

Yes I like it thanks.

Derek.

I could look at this for ages....love it...by the way, I like the original probably best because although it looks a little powdery to me and I think I understand the slight edits offered, the mauve/purple around the eye is truer to nature....agree anyone? Jeff

Different Tack. ?? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thanks very much for all the comments and different interpretations. I certainly found them interesting and informative, thanks again. Derek.