Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Perth County Court House

I was walking aroung the pleasant streets of Stratford, Ontario, Canada and saw the familiar vision of the county court house in the afternoon. Later, in the evening I passed the same corner and the building just seemed to pop under the illumination. I adjusted my little Canon S90 to ISO 800 for a handheld shot and removed as much noise as possible with NIk and Lightroom.

(The Perth County Courthouse was designed by George F. Durand; it opened on Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887. In front of the courthouse stands an old oak tree ; it came from Windsor Castle in 1937, the Coronation Year of King George VI.)

[Image: 35_Stratford.jpg]

Now, that's jolly nice!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

It is a bit like a painting. As Zig says rather nice.

And as it is in showcase I feel it slopes a little. :/

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great color and mood. The noise must have been brutal before you worked on it - it is still fairly strong. Great work!

When I saw Perth, I thought you meant one in Western Australia Big Grin hehe

Handheld night shot! The building came out quite alright! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2018, 16:55
Last Post by delb0y
Aug 19, 2016, 11:28