Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Perth Meet

Hey folx,

Should we try for another Perth meet? Open to suggestions about where. I should be free sometime towards the end of July, well I'm sure I could spare a few hours otherwise Smile

Ideas?

Jamie

How about a meet at one of your shoots...so we can all snap off a few of the lovely ladies! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

muzza Wrote:How about a meet at one of your shoots...so we can all snap off a few of the lovely ladies! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Good thinking Muzza. I'd raid that party if I could. Tongue

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

to wife : "yeah ummm .. I was taking pictures of ummm... cars .. YEAH! Cars! ..."

I might beable to make it @ the end of July

Back from Malaysia by then

As much as I'd love to have a group of you along to a photo shoot with one of the girls it would be easiest to just organise it with the model first and let her know the plan. As professional courtesy I wouldn't rock up with a half dozen strange people with cameras.

Certainly is possible, we could always incorporate a location and a couple of girls.

That would be awesome. An opportunity to learn...perhaps a StudioJ glamour workshop! Big Grin (For Shuttertalkians only! heheh)

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

StudioJ Wrote:Open to suggestions about where.

Ideas?

Melbourne would be good! Ha ha... Big Grin

I'm new .........so ..........thats why you won't get my two cents worth................

Gone all digital

Urban-wombat Wrote:I'm new .........so ..........thats why you won't get my two cents worth................

And you're also 4 hours drive away! Not quite as far as ST though.

If you all come to Washington DC I'll buy the first round ... Smile

StudioJ Wrote:And you're also 4 hours drive away! Not quite as far as ST though.

I'm four hours by plane, so there! Big Grin

Ok.. I'm up for another meet. Smile

But I don't wanna wait until July?!?! What's up with that Jamie? Besides, I'm going away for a week or two in July anyway. How about early June?

Places? ummm.. I'm open to suggestions. Are there any interesting public events coming up? What about the zoo? (I've never been to the Perth zoo) What about going on a river cruise? The East Perth Power Station? (I want to check that out)... Some motorsport up at Wanneroo or somewhere (even if it is just weekend club-racing)? South Perth? Heirison Island, Lake Monger, Woodman Point, or I could even suggest some of the lakes near my house (Bibra Lake, etc) as being good places for bird photography.. Freo Maratime Museum (I never actually made it inside to have a look)? The Swan Valley? The Pinnicles? Margret River? Wave Rock? Monkey Mia? Ningaloo Reef? The Bungle Bungles? Cocos Islands? Tongue <sigh> I wish...
hmmm... Rottnest Island?
Even just wandering around the city? or wandering Freo on a weekend for some street photography?

Too many places, too little time.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I'll put my vote in for Ningaloo! Big Grin

Muzza

Damn WA ... too much to photograph to little time

ehe I think 1/2 of the Perth shuttertalkers would get mistaken for Japanese tourists, walking around taking pictures in the city/Freo Big Grin

Got back from Ningaloo 2 weeks ago, spent 3 weeks up there. It rained a lot and I didn't get a chance to go diving with whale sharks - Coral Bay was really nice though Smile

I promise I'll try my best to get to this meet - a lot of good suggestions on the locations, I'd be open to any.

heers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

hmmm... i've always wanted to shoot in a cemetery, around dusk perhaps?

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

I see dead people

StudioJ Wrote:I see dead people

i wonder what we'll capture.... :/

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

I got caught doing a shoot with a half naked goth chick about 18 months ago at the Fremantle Cemetery, running away from the caretaker with an active smoke machine was fun Smile

As for locations the zoo is always fun but it usually requires a long lens and praying that the animals are co-operating. East Perth power station is all locked up which sucks big time.

Dunno how appealing racing is to everyone, there are several other racing options that are pretty accessible such as Motocross and the drags down at Motorplex.

I'd be keen on a day trip upto the Pinnacles and I'm happy to drive, there are several interesting places along the way for wildflowers and coastal scenery and if you go up the inland route there is New Norcia which I've wanted to wander around one day when it isn't bucketing down with rain like last time I was there.

The rest of them might be a tad too far away, I was over on the Cocos Islands for work a couple of years ago and its not really that exciting!

Street photography is always a good one espcially in Fremantle there are plenty of people, the markets, street performers and often festivals on plus all the old buildings. That would probably be a preference for me for anything soon as the rest need too much organising Smile

Weekends are ok with me, I was doing a lot of swimwear on weekends recently but its too cold now for that and most other events start later at night.

California sounds like a good location to me...... no? Tongue

It's never too cold for swimwear Wink

Pinnacles sounds good - I've got a list of places I want to shoot over the next few months, and Pinnacles and New Norcia are in the top few.

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Aug 10, 2015, 10:03
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Aug 9, 2006, 02:33