Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Assignments Revisited (2015): Out of Focus

Photo Assignments Revisited (2015): Out of Focus

How can you use out of focus shots to create an interesting photo?

Most of us prefer to shoot in focus, rather than out. But, out of focus shots do have there place in the world of photography.

Please post them within this thread. We would love to see them!

Members are open to discuss the photos posted within this assignment thread. Big Grin

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Here is one of my out-of-focus shots that I will never discard.
It won't win any awards, but I've never seen a photo of a hedgehog doing this Wink
Which leads one of the reasons why an out of focus photo can still be important - it may be the only evidence of something unseen/unbelievable.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, my first post, and photo upload to the forum...I was a passenger in a moving car when I took this photo. I really liked the colours in the sky behind the church steeple. I didn't expect it to be as blurred as it was, but I have always liked the result...I called it accidental blur...definately out of focus Smile

Hello fraggles,

Welcome to the photography forum! The blur does give the sky an interesting feature.

Classy Hedgehog - I am revisited this thread today. What was the hedgehog doing? I was going to ask you this before.

(Jul 29, 2015, 16:51)Barbara G. Wrote:  Classy Hedgehog - I am revisited this thread today. What was the hedgehog doing? I was going to ask you this before.

Hi Barbara
I'm not sure myself. Thought it was either scratching an itch or marking his territory.

(Jul 29, 2015, 15:03)fraggles Wrote:  Hi, my first post, and photo upload to the forum...I was a passenger in a moving car when I took this photo. I really liked the colours in the sky behind the church steeple. I didn't expect it to be as blurred as it was, but I have always liked the result...I called it accidental blur...definately out of focus Smile

i like this a lot. well done fraggles!

I was taking moon shots and moved the camera. Two good out of focus pics. I really like them, but, of course, never used them.

(Aug 2, 2015, 08:00)czkid Wrote:  I was taking moon shots and moved the camera. Two good out of focus pics. I really like them, but, of course, never used them.

If you turn it 180 then you'll have a lovely "sketch" of a bird's head Smile

(Aug 3, 2015, 05:36)Classy Hedgehog Wrote:  
(Aug 2, 2015, 08:00)czkid Wrote:  I was taking moon shots and moved the camera. Two good out of focus pics. I really like them, but, of course, never used them.

If you turn it 180 then you'll have a lovely "sketch" of a bird's head Smile

Yes! That's great! I didn't see it. Thanks.