Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Travel Photography

Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Travel Photography

Travel Photography is only one type, or style, of many categories of photography available to photographers.

Please share any of your photos which fall in this type of photography. Discussion within the thread is also encouraged. Smile

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Every year, on our wedding anniversary, my wife and I travel around Scotland, staying at small hotels and enjoying the scenery. I always come back with a large amount of images. My wife is not a photographer, but I have persuaded her to carry my Dimage Z3 while we are in the car. So often lovely shots appear and it would be impossible to stop, but she shoots through the car windscreen, and sometimes we get an image we would otherwise have missed. The Z3 has image stabilization and is not clever enough to auto focus on the dirty/wet windscreen.
Here are some of her "snaps".

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Well done Mrs. T. The second one has possibilities, unusual, have you tried post processing it John. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

It was just trimmed and squared. Unfortunately it is a JPEG, so not a lot of leeway. I may get round to trying more, eventually.

As you can see, the original is too far gone to do a lot with.

My effort. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

I like that. Whatever I tried, I kept getting a blank space in the sky, on the RH side.

Here is one of my favourite views. The Queen's View, Loch Tummel, Perthshire. This was taken using my Nikon D80. 70 - 300 mm lens set to 70 mm. 1/100 sec, f5.6, ISO 250.

The thing about photography in Scotland is the weather is always changing, They say, "If you don't like the weather in Scotland, wait ten minutes.". Here are two picture from Anstruther, in two entirely different weather situations.

Nikon D80, 1/250 sec, f8, ISO 400

Fuji FinePix S9500, 1/680 sec, f5.6, ISO 100

Hi all

1. An air cycle runs through part of the cloud forest at Mashpi, Ecuador. Travel seems inch by inch as the pedals are cranked around and the cycle sways on the ancient-looking cable. There is up to 190 feet from the cycle to the ground. At places the forest allows a view of a vast expanse - if you can stomach it.

2. This guy has just completed the ride. You are looking at fear. It was terrifying. Do not go there. Just visit the website. http://www.mashpilodge.com/en/

3. Near the ride is a tower. Approaching the tree tops I found this tiny creature. If you think the picture a little shaky, you know why...

Cheers all, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent images. Love that middle one.

Thanks, John, sorry the bird shot is not too special!

Do you like John or Jocko?

Good to have you around.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. John's my given name. Jocko has been my computer name from the time of the Commodore Amiga. I'll answer to either!

OK, cheers, I shall refer to you as John most likely....and I go back to the Vic 20...Jeff

Regarding the bird shot. It is a beautiful shot but seems a little too processed for my liking. That, of course, could be due to amount of compressing you need to do to post it here.

With John, over processed appearance. Ed.

To each his own!