Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Share Assignment (Types of Photography): Fashion Photography

Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Fashion Photography

Fashion Photography is only one type, or style, of many categories of photography available to photographers.

Please share any of your photos which fall in this type of photography. For this photo share thread, please include any which may be considered "fashion" related. Discussion within the thread is also encouraged. Smile

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Being a newbie to this site I have noticed there is very little input in the fashion sections of the forum, so I have decided for my first post to give you my take on fashion, to show that anyone can do it and it doesn’t have to cost the earth.

This shoot was a self promotion/favour for a friend shoot. The models were two school leavers we had met at an end of term fashion shoot. The fashion clothing was anything the girls had spare in their wardrobes. Location - Just a bit of scrubland near to my studio, Pic 1. My assistant was a friend who does makeup, but in all honesty girls of this age have no problems at all with fashion makeup.
Equipment:- Nikon D2x with a 70 – 200 f2.8 and a 300 f/2.8 Sigma and a 24 – 120 lens. I used my Event Van as a changing/makeup room and a studio flash powered by on-board electric. [The last two items could be substituted for a car to change in and an on camera speed light] Here are some of the shots taken all of which at the same location. Lightroom pre-sets helped with some if the effects.

I was only allowed 5 pics so here are a few more from the same shoot

Great series for fashion photography! Very nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!