Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Share Assignment (Types of Photography): Wildlife Photography

Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Wildlife Photography

Wildlife Photography is only one type, or style, of many categories of photography available to photographers.

Please share any of your photos which fall in this type of photography. For this photo share thread, please include any which may be considered "wildlife" related. Discussion within the thread is also encouraged. Smile

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Aug 2, 2015, 06:12)Barbara G. Wrote:  Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Wildlife Photography

Wildlife Photography is only one type, or style, of many categories of photography available to photographers.

Please share any of your photos which fall in this type of photography. For this photo share thread, please include any which may be considered "wildlife" related. Discussion within the thread is also encouraged. Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

I find it dificult to distinguish between "wildlife" & "nature" and the examples you give could certainly fit into both catagories.

(Aug 4, 2015, 16:03)Quornish Colin Wrote:  I find it dificult to distinguish between "wildlife" & "nature" and the examples you give could certainly fit into both catagories.

No problem, I just had the same thought. There are many things which can be in both categories!

Thanks for posting these! We are off to a nice start in sharing! I love your photos!

Also, to clarify for everyone. Wildlife photography is typically taking photos of animals and birds in their natural habitat.

(Aug 2, 2015, 06:12)Barbara G. Wrote:  Photo Share Assignment & Discussion - Wildlife Photography

Please find attached a photo of three sandmartins colliding near their nesting site on a river bank on the edge of the Lake District. I had the camera set on burst mode as they fly so fast in to their nests and found the shot later at home.

This is a shot of a black fallow deer, I was using a 600mm lens (900mm equiv on my camera) as previous shots all had the deer looking at me and had to crop into the photo as well.

Very nice JohnBax! Thank you for sharing with us!

Portrait of a Canada Goose. I think we can't get less wild than some of the Geese species; always thinking there might be food on offer (for the goose that is, not the photographer Smile

Taken with a Nikon D300 and Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 lens.

[Image: Canada%20Goose_zpsfp54npeq.jpg]

Photography is a never-ending journey

A cracker Peter. Ed.

To each his own!

Caught in mid-quack!

"How dare you butt in when I'm interrupting you."

[ Hand-held; ambient daylight in woodland; Pentax K-5 II; ISO 1600; 55-300 zoom lens at 300 mm; f/8; 1/160s; -1 EV; JPEG from camera adjusted in PaintShop Pro X6 ]

Cheers.
Philip

A Quacker Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you Ed. It was a very noisy duck! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Here are a couple I took recently at Far Ings Lincolnshire (Marsh Harrier) and Potteric Carr (Heron with perch)

Attached Files Image(s)

It seems that the heron did not download in my last post, so here it is again

Attached Files Image(s)

(Aug 8, 2015, 09:08)Vernon Barker Wrote:  

It seems that the heron did not download in my last post, so here it is again
This time I will download the correct picture of Heron with perch

Attached Files Image(s)

Super series of great pics. Ed.

To each his own!

Superb images there Vernon.

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Aug 8, 2015, 12:59)Plantsman Wrote:  Superb images there Vernon.
Thank you for your kind comments

Vernon Barker

Superb images there Vernon.
[/quote]
Thank you for your kind comments

Vernon Barker

[/quote]

Loving these shots, especially the perch. Here's my response, taken yesterday 7pm...

Cheers, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)