Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo manipulation (landscape)

I have seen this kind of manipulation in some pictures. I like it a lot and I practiced it with this picture.... My question here is about the grass. Should I reduce the effect in the grass not to be so orange? The thing is that if I reduced the effect in the grass I would introduce another color.

[Image: P1010631-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments and advice... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Why introduce another colour. Just select the grass and change saturation.
You must have red and yellow already in the picture so what's a touch of green. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT
You say something like this?

[Image: P1010631-Edit_2.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I prefer the second image. The red / orange would appears similar to a haze... The haze would have far less impact on the foreground allowing the green to show through... (Just my interpretation...)
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I was thinking that but I am not sure now. It is a personal taste.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Shane, NT for your comments... Smile

I was thinking also that I can crop a bit of the foreground, and concentrate more the attention in the building... I'll try tomorrow... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Nice, Irma! I actually quite like the foreground, especially how you see 2 distinctive "layers". I think it adds depth...

I like the colour treatment by the way.. Big Grin

I like the color treatment - it is very warm and sunny. I don't like the foreground much in either version though. It dominates the scene because it is in sharp focus and a darker tone. I don't think that this is what you want to highlight in this picture.

How about a crop like this?

[Image: 37_58_test.jpg]

ST, that was the original idea, to have two different layes in the landscape, unfortunately the colors are too sad in the color version, that is why I treated this way.

Toad, I like the crop, I could work a 1:1.62, which I like a lot, and try to place the building in the upper right crossing.

Thanks a lot for your comments.. Smile

Paul Cezanne

Quote:
Hows this one?

the crop is a very good idea, because the foreground was really drawing attention to it and too dark. But I think you should leave a slight bit more than you did now. To be honest, I am unsure abou the color. I think I would go for your first one, but overall change the hue slightly away from the orange.... Sorry not to be more helpful,

uli

Thanks Uli for your comment. I'll work again with this picture... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 19, 2017, 03:37
Last Post by RobertMurariu
Apr 25, 2017, 12:54