Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photographer's Block :(

Hello All

Just like the writers have their own mental block not being able to think about what to write next, I am facing a photographer's block.
It's been quite some time since I last took my gear out and did some meaningful photography.

Need to brainstorm some ideas, suggestions, tips of how to break this barrier and commit myself to go out and do some shots.

(PS: If anyone from the bay area/silicon valley/san francisco-san jose area is reading this post, I would love to hear from you about some of the places where I can go)

Cheers
Samy

Hello,

I do not live in your immediate area, but will join in on your photography list of ideas to capture. Here goes in a general sense:

nearby parks
city life
nature parks
runners running nearby
different trees in bloom
weather photos
wedding shots
shoreline
sunsets
animal life

Now, in a more specific sense what do you get really excited about in life that can be photographed (family friendly, of course). Do you really like to go boating? Do you enjoy seeing wildlife in the woods? What will open your senses and get you excited?

What have you really enjoyed photographing in the past? Do you want to explore new areas of photography?

Just some thoughts for you! Glad to have you here!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I also posted a thread with ideas in how to overcome photographer's block. Thanks for the idea - I am sure this is an area than many people can be challenged in.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Hi samyshah. I am currently facing the same problem. No meaningfull photography since autumn last year. Except maybe for a photo or two. The way I decided to deal with it is to move to Ibiza for 6 months. I hope I'll be able to get a job there and return with at least two meaningful sets describing the island. Oh boy oh boy!

Hi Samy!

What to do depends mostly on what are you missing - inspiration, motivation, or both. I'd suggest you to relax, do something fun and forget the pressure you're feeling. I'm sure inspiration will come by itself as soon as you forget about the pressure of not making any meaningful photos. (also, don't forget that even if at this moment you think they're not good they still may be awesome for everyone else) Spring is at the door, so I'm sure motivation is somewhere around too Smile

@vlad - I'm sure 6 months of Ibiza will help. Or at least, I'm sure it would help me Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post