Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photographer...

The light was not nice, these pictures came out dull. I worked with the colors in one and I wanted to get the same result with the vertical format picture, but it was not possible. I worked my bw preset and make some contrast brightness in PS. It looks much better now... Smile

[Image: IMG_9066-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9065-Edit-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like #2 - the background puts the photographer in context.

Not to have more of the background (buildings) in #1 was what I regreated the most in this series. I had the chance to take her 7 pictures but in the one with more background in this format she is looking out of the frame and not taking pictures...

Thanks for your comment Toad Smile

Paul Cezanne

In the first one it looks like she is taking a picture of the bird - but the second shows the beautiful buildings and it becomes obvious what she is shooting. I like thw BW treatment of the second shot.

Canon stuff.

Aha!
That sort of weather, I feel, is perfect for mono work: allows one to concentrate on theme, setting, comment, etc; without the distraction of colour.
Tonally this is great, Irma: I remember some years ago with mono film almost restricting myself to such weather conditions...just so i would have a well-detailed negative without blowing out the highlights. It said much of the "limitations" of film perhaps, but it was good for training the eye.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks so much Chris for your comment, I am glad you like this bw treatment. I like it a lot!!... Smile

Zig,
Once I read a comment of a photographer saying that he liked very much to take pictures in this cloudy kind of gray day weather because of the mood you get in the pictures. And he said the same as you, about concentrating on theme. Very interesting to me because I never thought about this before, and I like very much to think that after all you don't need beautiful weather to get interesting pictures... Smile

Thanks for your comment... Smile

I don't normally buy books about photography, but when I was in Mexico I visited a bookstore and I saw a very interesting book about Photo Journalism. Unfortunatelly it was very big to carry with me but I knew I could get it here. It arrived last Friday... Smile

As an historic document is excellent, from the photographic point of view is also beautiful. It has great pictures in bw and color more than 800 pages and the size of the book is 32 x 22cm something like that. Some pictures cover the whole page, so you can see them well.

I bought it mainly because I wanted to see bw pictures. I am also impressed about how sharp those photographers are for composition!! Instant moments and they have so beautiful and well composed pictures...

Paul Cezanne

do you mind if I make a cropping suggestion? For me this makes it so much more powerful... it brings it down to the minimum elements and adds more feeling.

[Image: 40_IMG_9066-Edit.jpg]

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Here's a quick edit I did in Lightroom, just by desaturating every other colour than red, and playing with curves and adding a vignette.

[Image: 11_40_IMG_9066-Edit.jpg]

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thanks Luke for your crop suggestion. I like your idea a lot, even the format looks really nice ... Smile

RP, As this picture was my best picture with colors, never thought about a bw treatment. I will work in a bw version as well...
Thanks for the suggestion... Smile

Paul Cezanne

My favourite is Irma's second image, the vintage feel to the proccessing matches the woman's outfit and buildings very nicely. The only problem is that without a subject for her camera, and it's not clear why she's in an odd pose. But it might be interesting to present this image without the "photographer" title, and learn what story other people can see in it.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Yeah, i love Irma's second one too.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post