Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pines Perspective in Color

This is the House in the Pines in the colors of the day, bright Florida sunlight, my Nikon, did a landscape shot and cropped it to see the house. Actually did several different shots, well, about twenty shots, but decided to do the crop, and played with it in PaintShop. Like the little house..........

Attached Files Image(s)

Prefer your B&W interpretation for my tastes.

ok. I respect that.I guess I'm like a Mother hen with her chicks. I love em all.

(Feb 21, 2015, 20:05)EnglishBob Wrote:  Prefer your B&W interpretation for my tastes.

Yes, but even a mother has the one she feeds first!

Hi Czkid...

Hmm... overexposed and a little over processed... note the tree extremities in the centre that have the sky as a background... they too now are a fringe of darker blue... I get an odd sensation that the image is not level... a slight pitch down on the right... and the colours are a little washed. The house really just seems to blend in and could be missed with so much else going on.... The resolution that your lens is able to render makes for a very fuzzy detail of the greens in the tree tops... maybe that is down to the loss of data on the resize... I am not a fan of processing an image because it can be overdone at times... unless it is intentional i.e. posterisation etc.

You have a great little landscape subject that would work well in a portrait orientation with the house more prominently featured.

I have made a few very minor adjustments (exposure, definition and straightening the verticals) to help you understand my comments other than reorientation. I can't do much with the odd blue of the sky without a lot of masking and import a sky so have not touched that aspect. Ed may be able to refine that ... Smile I have also done a B&W - with just the red roof of the house to draw the eye... just some ideas for you? See what you think.

Anyway, it is your image and it is whatever you want it to be... this is just my perspective and how it would be more attractive to me personally.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

I do apologies.... It's already been a long day here! I should not have offered alternatives and posted them ... I had not seen that this was Showcase, and not Critique.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

I appreciate all your comments! Really like your changes. Filing them in my little pigeonhole of a mind for future reference. I'm still learning the Nikon, have a manual I got off amazon, the day was very bright, and this is winter here, and everything is dead, except the pines...Of course, I didn't use a tripod (I'm lazy), didn't even bring it. I do tend to overprocess, because I like all the effects I get and as usual try to play with everything, too much I guess... (guess it's the artist in me - easier than oils). Question - when you resize down, you don't lose data do you? I don't resize up, just down. Yes, I have a focus problem with this camera. Trying to adjust to it. And, of course I am still learning how to take "straight" views without wobbling or shifting - ok, the tripod. Your comments are going in my learning book. LOL

(Feb 22, 2015, 15:20)Rolf Wrote:  Hi Czkid...

Hmm... overexposed and a little over processed... note the tree extremities in the centre that have the sky as a background... they too now are a fringe of darker blue... I get an odd sensation that the image is not level... a slight pitch down on the right... and the colours are a little washed. The house really just seems to blend in and could be missed with so much else going on.... The resolution that your lens is able to render makes for a very fuzzy detail of the greens in the tree tops... maybe that is down to the loss of data on the resize... I am not a fan of processing an image because it can be overdone at times... unless it is intentional i.e. posterisation etc.

You have a great little landscape subject that would work well in a portrait orientation with the house more prominently featured.

I have made a few very minor adjustments (exposure, definition and straightening the verticals) to help you understand my comments other than reorientation. I can't do much with the odd blue of the sky without a lot of masking and import a sky so have not touched that aspect. Ed may be able to refine that ... Smile I have also done a B&W - with just the red roof of the house to draw the eye... just some ideas for you? See what you think.

Anyway, it is your image and it is whatever you want it to be... this is just my perspective and how it would be more attractive to me personally.

Kind regards

Rolf

Beautiful for sure!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 20, 2016, 22:59