Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plant On Red

[Image: PlantOnRed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Wonderful background and very precise crop. I also like the shadow very much. Strange how what "might" have been a quite ordinary plant shot can be made into something special by attention to detail and composition.

hola guerito

uuhmmm very nice, a 10 for you.

just some question could you please clarified? the red? what is it? and what kind of lighting is in there?

Regards

Christian

Great shot! You've set it up very well.

Thanks, folks! Smile

@Christian: The red is one of several sheets of cardboard I bought recently, it has this wave structure. The lighting is just the camera flash, that's where the shadow comes from. I hate my camera flash in portraits, but here it turned out ok. O well, the next time I get my hands on some money I'll buy an SB 800.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I find the red a bit overpowering, to me it takes away from the subject given that it is such a strong colour, red is one of the most powerful colours in photoghraphy and marketing.

The leaves look like gold leaf. Beautiful!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Aug 31, 2017, 15:04
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 16, 2016, 05:31