Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please Help

My problem started when I couldn't use the PM service....the in tray showed there were some messages. ( admin has been working on the problem) but all I got was 'page can not be displayed" I thought the prob may have been with my ISP since they have made changes over the past few days.. so I phoned them and was told all was fine now..

Not for Myself......

now I Can't Log On.. I get that page can't be displayed message.....who said life is easy.....or was it wasn't meant to be easy....

Colin the urban wombat

PS I post at a couple of other sites.. one picture and the other glass craft..both on deferent systems.. but are working fine

I hope Julian can find and answer to this because I only have issue's here too. I have to disable norton all the time for things.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi I have just been talking to the guys at westnet.. and looks like the problem may be in internet explorer... they say some system by the name of fire-fox may work better.. so as soon as the link arrives I will give it a GO Colin

Hey guys, apologies again for the problems, although I don't think there's much I can do on my side...

Col sent me his logon details and I was able to login as him and view private messages without a hitch, in both IE and firefox.

I think firefox could be a good bet -
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

A few more things you could try:

Temporarily disable any security software you might have running on your PC - e.g. privacy, ad blockers, firewall etc.

Clear your browser cache and cookies - Tools -> internet options -> General -> Delete files & Delete cookies

Also try going to the Security tab and Privacy tab, and set the level to the lowest to see if it makes a difference.

Sounds like a cookie problem to me... make sure they are enabled and clear your current cache.

How odd, I haven't had any problems however when I went into my messages to write one there were two there that I hadn't seen before and no little yellow prompt.

I have done all the above with my PC .. and firefox is now up 'n running.. but I still can't log on ...now I get this message when I click log-on... Alert..the document contains no data..........Colin

urban-wombat-in exile

I give up....one last thought .. how about if I'm removed from ( by admin) the forum and .. then I can rejoin.....Colin

Hm... perhaps.

Just create a new user - e..g urbanwombat2 and I can rename you later on if it works...

Okay I'm back as 'the urban wombat' it looks like the system used on this forum wouldn't use the same email address .. so I have used the one that I use for selling my home publication on line

Nice to see that you have solved your problem Colin Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

well I thought all my problems were fixed.. after re-joining.. not so.. I made one post as 'the urban wombat' and all was fine.. went off line... then when I opened this site up my computer asked for the password ( I did tick the little remember PW box) so. I click on 'Log-On' and it looks like I'm back to square one..with the no data message . Colin

Colin, I think it is your security software on your end or a misconfigured browser. Interactive sites like this usually need cookies to "remember" your session, so you don't have to re-login on every page change. You probably have to look through your browser options and enable cookies.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox, go to your toolbar click in Tools ---> Options

In the Icon bar on your left click on the Padlock privacy icon.

Goto the list on the left and click on the cookies + box

Make sure "Allow sites to set cookies" is checked.

Click OK

Restart your browser.

Or if you have some flavour of internet security program/firewall add Shuttertalk to your trusted websites list.

If it does not fix it, I am fresh out of ideas unless I get to see the machime for myself.

Hope this helps Smile