Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pls advise which is "correct"

Hi guys,

i have this problem about "colour" or rather the correct White balance.
This was shot during a wedding.
[Image: original.jpg]

However, i am concerned it may look too warm/dark so i added a cooling filter with Photoshop.
The photo ended up like this. It may not be a huge tweak but you can see the difference on her face and her dress.
[Image: Cooling.jpg]

May i ask which is better recommended?

thanks!

similar question:

original shot
[Image: Original_Tea.jpg]

after cooling filter on PS
[Image: Cooling_Tea.jpg]

Hi Champ.

The question is if you need to be true to the actual scene or if you want what "looks" best they are rarely the same thing.

In general many people tend prefer a little warmer skintones, makes them look a little more alive.

To my eyes the first shot of the little girl looks the "best" the second has a blue tint on her white dress.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Paul.R.Lindqvist Wrote:Hi Champ.

The question is if you need to be true to the actual scene or if you want what "looks" best they are rarely the same thing.

In general many people tend prefer a little warmer skintones, makes them look a little more alive.

To my eyes the first shot of the little girl looks the "best" the second has a blue tint on her white dress.

/Paul L.
ok... how about the second example?

I would pick the first one aswell, its warmer and more apealing to my eye.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I am with Paul in his comments here, warmer tones to me are more appealing to me.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Just my 2c - I think the first, "warmer" version in both examples are more appealing... Big Grin

As I see it on my monitor, the first of both shots look more realistic.
In the second shots they both look pale.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

First two are best Bernard. Did you shoot RAW? If you want to bring some files around to my house we can have a play.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post