Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pocket Phojo - photo management on the go
Jul 27, 2006, 04:52
Pocket Phojo - photo management on the go
I just saw this post from pocketpcthoughts, regarding Pocket Phojo - software which runs on a pocketpc which can be used as part of a solution to edit, caption and transmit photos on the go. I suppose it would be ideal for photojournalists or sports shooters...

Quote:Pocket Phojo 4.0 has unique new features designed for covering large events such as the World Cup, where it was used to great effect. Simply connect your Pocket PC to your Canon 1D Mark II, Mark II N, or 1Ds Mark II via USB, take your photos as normal, then all you have to do is press the Protect button on the back of the camera to transmit a fully captioned and press ready image via WiFi, Bluetooth Phone, or BGAN satellite modem, while you keep shooting! Pocket Phojo has become an extremely powerful yet easier to use alternative to the Canon WFT-E1 WiFi transmitter, and greatly extends the capabilities of the supported cameras.

"The new Phojo 4 setup I was using at the World Cup was truly amazing" said The Guardian's Dan Chung. "I set the Pocket PC to automatically transfer pictures I had tagged to the Guardian picture desk without me having to touch a button! We used FTP and connected to the web using pitch side ethernet or 3G mobile phone. It gave a significant advantage not having to worry about fiddling around on a laptop, leaving me free to concentrate on the action."
Sounds pretty awesome - some nice piccies after the jump. Bit pricy though, for the software alone... :|

http://www.idruna.com/pr_pocketphojo4launch.html

Minigizmo - Gadget News and Reviews
BookHoot - Ebook News
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  onOne software's Perfect Photo Suite 9 released. WesternGuy 0 36 Yesterday 22:34
Last Post: WesternGuy
  Photo guidance for night time F1 grand prix Freeman 7 652 Oct 14, 2014 03:06
Last Post: Freeman
  Mystery early London photo danmdan 5 479 Oct 9, 2014 09:35
Last Post: danmdan
  Lightroom 5 file management Ferenc 2 728 Oct 9, 2014 08:27
Last Post: Napomneret
  Advice on how to match photo paper to the photo Pavel 25 6,795 Oct 7, 2014 14:36
Last Post: Phil J
  Photo recovery options shuttercloud 2 293 Oct 4, 2014 13:03
Last Post: Sirlarek
  How do I take a photo that creates a 'string' effect (picture attached kendals 11 3,038 Oct 4, 2014 12:54
  Best photo tip you've ever received shuttercloud 9 956 Oct 4, 2014 12:36
  Bought an LCD monitor recently? What's a good one for photo editing? slejhamer 24 9,144 Sep 18, 2014 20:13
Last Post: Pegger3D
  Photo editor for tablets? Daniel_Champion 2 362 Sep 15, 2014 11:09
Last Post: IainWilkie