Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where to print?

hi there...

was wondering anyone in Perth can recommend any photo-printing shops where I can print my photos?

I tried printing once but the colours seem so different from what I had on my calibrated computer. It could be due to the difference between calibrations.

Was wondering if where do you guys print?
Do you upload via ftp/net to yr photo printers and pick it up? or they do delivery?

thanks!

I had the same problem once... I send a picture and I asked for two different sizes from the same image... a post card size and a 30X20cm... The small size got the true colors but the bigger size didn't. I went with those prints to another lab and I showed the guy there what I have gotten from the online service... He said he could improve it and he did it...

He explained to us that some labs have different printers for different sizes of prints and some printers run color and contrast adjustment automatically in each print.. you would need to specify in your order to leave your picture alone and not to run any adjustment to it...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

yup...

my experience with my photo-printers back in Singapore was that they will give me the calibration profile via the net.
Upon that, i will then calibrate my photos basis that ICC profile.

Hence, photos printed via that photo-printer will have similar or near-exact colours as my monitor.

just wondering any photo-labs in Perth provide such service? Smile

Hey championboxer,

I also live in Perth, and in my limited experience I have found Gerry Gibbs Camera House to be very good (and they have an online printing service which is inexpensive with popular-sized enlargements).
I also use Rabbit Photo in Garden City who are surprisingly decent, inexpensive, fast, and convenient (they are fairly close to where I live).
If you need poster-sized prints done, then Cameraland Camera House in Leederville might be worth a look. They print up to A0 and although the quality of their large prints isn't up to the same standard as their smaller prints (8x12 or below), they are fairly affordable for such large prints and they also offer online printing. Good for posters, not good for artworks you want to frame.

Hope that gives you a starting point. Like you, I'd also like to hear of other good labs in Perth that are worth a shot.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

hi Adrian,

thanks for that!
will try Gerry Gibbs (hmm.. where are they located?)... Will try Rabbit at Garbo one of these days too...

by the way... i love your photos on your webbie!
nice colours....

what cam do you use?

Hey,

Gerry Gibbs are just across the road from Carousel shopping centre... just off Albany Hwy.

Thanks about my photos. I use a Canon 30D and 350D.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work too. Smile

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

hi

I deal with http://www.fitzgeraldphoto.com.au/ also in Perth and they have a agfa machine for printing the negs.

Phone: (08) 9328 3778
Email: photos@iinet.net.au

take care

christian

Christian is right - Fitzgeralds are a pro lab. I use them for my large wedding work - stuff that I can't print myself. A lot of wedding guys get their prints done there. They do cost a bit more than a Rabbit Photo though.

If you have already calibrated your work try informing the lab that you don't want any colour correction done - often they will have some inexperianced person colour correcting according to some formula that is nothing like your original intention.

Sorry Adrain - but I have been pretty dissappointed with the stuff from Gerry Gibbs.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post