Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pool shots

If you expected young girls posing around the swimming pool - sorry lads! This is about pool billiard! Wink

#1:
[Image: pool3.jpg]

#2:
[Image: pool4.jpg]

#3:
[Image: pool1.jpg]

#4:
[Image: pool2.jpg]

This is the first time I tried this. There have been some problems, the worst being that my tripod doesn't seem to support the weight of the camera plus the external flash, so I had camera shake in many of the pics. Another problem was the timing, it's been near to impossible to shoot exactly at the right moment. I had the shutter time in 1/8 and the flash on the rear end of the exposure time. I'm not happy with any of them. #1 and #2 are the best of the bunch, #3 is a fake (not being able to make the shot I tried with post processing) and #4 is not really a break shot but this is the one I like most. Smile

Has anybody done something like this before and would like to share some tips how to get it right?

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

That is a very interesting effect! Nicely done.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

#3 is the ticket, I think - perfectly catures the motion of the break.

Toad Wrote:#3 is the ticket, I think - perfectly catures the motion of the break.
Funny how the 'fake' one is the best at capturing our perception of reality!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Hey great shots guerito.. I like no 4 as well! Smile

I was thinking the same thing as Cailean.

I really like this idea though Guerito, why not try this with a longer exposure without flash, take some of the exposure before the balls connect.

If you take a longer exposure there is the option of hand holding your flash and pressing the fire/test button on the flash during the exposure from any position you like and it will freeze the action somewhat at that point.

Interresting shots. I like that last one.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19