Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poppy Capsule

- with digital noise added. Background was a red brick garden wall.

[Image: PooppyCapsule.jpg]

DateTimeOriginal: 2014:07:11 11:01:10
Model: NIKON D300
ExposureTime: 1/640"
Aperture: F10.0
ExposureProgram: Aperture-priority AE
FocalLength: 122.0 mm
ISO: 800

Photography is a never-ending journey

(Dec 10, 2014, 04:44)Plantsman Wrote:  - with digital noise added. Background was a red brick garden wall.

[Image: PooppyCapsule.jpg]

DateTimeOriginal: 2014:07:11 11:01:10
Model: NIKON D300
ExposureTime: 1/640"
Aperture: F10.0
ExposureProgram: Aperture-priority AE
FocalLength: 122.0 mm
ISO: 800
Hi Peter
Like the subject but the digital noise added rims the subject and looks odd... Perhaps you could reshoot with a simple plain background? The degradation of the image I suspect is further compounded by the compression to meet the requirements of site to post...Undecided Or, if you can move the poppy head away from the wall and shoot at f4 or 2.8 and be close to the head with your lens you will blur out the bricks without needing to compromise you image with post. Do you use a tripod? I would also get as low an ISO as I could which will further get the image less noisy Do like the "Rembrandt" lighting effect though. I hope I am not trying to teach you to propagate seeds Confused ...
Kind regards
Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Hi Rolf, the image was post processed to be as I wanted it and not meant to be a pure photograph. It's good to try something al little out of the ordinary once in a while.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Nice customisation. Ed.

To each his own!

(Dec 10, 2014, 14:47)Plantsman Wrote:  Hi Rolf, the image was post processed to be as I wanted it and not meant to be a pure photograph. It's good to try something al little out of the ordinary once in a while.
Hi Peter
I understand and I do apologise if my comment was inappropriate. Yes, it is good to try new things... I suppose I should too, but all my life I have tried to just take a photo and so am not that skilled with post processing methodology. In order for me to do that I need to know what will do what to achieve my vision.... not there yet I don't think. I can do some messing about but that's all it is. So, I defer to your skill and thank you for the share Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Polly
Oct 16, 2004, 06:32
Last Post by shuttertalk
Aug 17, 2004, 01:04