Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Portrait

Hey Guys,

Im new this is my first post actually. I have been doing some photography recently and i just wanted to upload one of my portraits to see what you would have done differently here is the original and my edited version. If you have any critisims that would be great cheers.

[Image: KerynOriginalSmall.jpg]
[Image: KerynEditsmall.jpg]

Adam - Welcome to shuttertalk.

Regarding your edited portrait - I guess it depends on what type of image you are aiming for. The one thing I really notice is that you have lost alot of the colour such as in her lips and eyes.

I really like the original portrait and made relatively few adjustments. Mostly played with contrast, sharpened and brightened the eyes a little and smoothed the skin a touch.

[Image: 34_KerynOriginalSmall.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I think your desaturated, is really nice, very sweet. However she has wonderful blue eyes and the light Smarti gave to the original picture work reall well.

I am keen on desaturated pictures as well, and what I have done in some cases is to make a desaturated version like the one you worked and leave out the original color in the eyes and enhance the color as Smarti did. That would be another possibility I think.

Here is one of my pictures I worked this way.
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6452

Welcome to Shuttertalk.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The composition/crop is fine. I think the original is a bit soft and smarti's a bit to hard, but highlighting the eyes and lips (select and then play with them seperately) is good. It depends wether you want realism or beauty but I would lighten the back two teeth also.
Nice model though.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I usually don't play, but I played.
Reminds me of a girl from highschool.

[Image: devenish.jpg]

I thought that making it a tiny bit brighter and some sharpening would help.
As well as some slight dodge and burn.

Its a small world, I just checked out your images and we did go to high school. And the model the reason you recognise her is because its keryn. haha.

What are you doing with yourself these days?

Hey AdamWilliamson. That's amazing, on the same day I see you on this forum, I find our science teacher on another (Mrs Booth). Great Big Grin

Myself, currently on semester break, for about a month. Still studying at uni, got a year left (doing engineering/commerce), but playing heaps with the camera. Good to see you're into it too! What have you been up to?

Sorry shuttertalk if this is a little off-topic Tongue

I finished uni i got a degree in communications majoring in photomedia and film and video. I was a medical photographer for about a year but now i'm searching for my next job.

Cool cool Smile

AdamW: Sorry to bring this discussion off topic, but what does a medical photographer do? *intrigued* Big Grin

Welcome to ST, by the way! Big Grin

Medical Photography is an interesting one you have to have a strong stomach.

Basically i would photograph anything that a doctor would find bizare or any thing that is burns related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Feb 4, 2021, 12:19
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 21:23
Last Post by delb0y
Nov 14, 2016, 05:56