Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Posting Images.

Me, I never moan.
But, when posting images it takes very little extra time to include basic camera, lens and exif data. This added extra enables the experienced and knowledgeable in the forums to offer advice and guidance. From this we can learn new things. One of the joys of photography is that of a journey of discovery. So please give folks like me the chance to learn more.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

I agree with everything that you have written here, Mike.

Just to add one point - apparently members are not supposed to offer suggestions for images posted in the "Photo Showcase" forum. Take, for example, your "Summer Garden" photo - you are probably happy with it as it is, but if you had wanted any suggestions for it, you could have posted it either in the "Photo Critique" forum, or found a suitable section of the "Photo Assignments, Challenges and Competitions" forum (actually there is a section there for "Gardens and Gardening"), and asked others for their ideas.

Cheers.
Philip

Good point, Philip. Fact is that I am never entirely happy with the images I post. They could always be improved.
I do appreciate your feedback.
Regards,
Mike.

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst "
Henri Cartier - Bresson.

(Aug 19, 2016, 07:49)Browser Mike Wrote:  Me, I never moan.
But, when posting images it takes very little extra time to include basic camera, lens and exif data. This added extra enables the experienced and knowledgeable in the forums to offer advice and guidance. From this we can learn new things. One of the joys of photography is that of a journey of discovery. So please give folks like me the chance to learn more.
Regards,
Mike.
I am totally agree with you Mike. And at the same time it can help in privacy protection.

Not really into this. How does it help privacy protection. Ta. Ed.

To each his own!

Glad you asked!

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Oct 22, 2013, 06:42
Last Post by canon400d
Oct 14, 2013, 15:54
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 18, 2013, 11:52