Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Garages & Tools

Here is your opportunity to post some of the photos you have taken related to garages and tools. Post some general information such as the type of camera you used, settings used, as well as info about the setting if you can for the other members.

Feel free to add to the thread as you like and have fun practicing your digital photography skills!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Toying with marco work on a Ducati motorcycle. The line knurled schrader valve cap is also a tool. It's two prongs go into the valve to unscrew the stem for cleaning or replacing. Tools are everywhere.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nuts!
(I've always wanted to say that)

[Image: 4785820_acfkmor379_m.jpg]

Not exactly a garage - this was taken in the locomotive shed at the Loughborough steam railway.

Plugs !

With a bit of green to help with Stella's red.

Attached Files Image(s)

lol - we should get together and produce a series! :-)

One for fans of "The Two Ronnies" - Four candles? ... No, 'andles for forks:

Taken at a store in Hertfordshire, using a Pentax K-5 with zoom at 30mm, ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/80s.

Philip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo

@MrB: I would love to see a version of your photo with just the left row a bit more zoomed in. Might be a bit too abstract for some, but I'd love id Big Grin

(Feb 18, 2014, 18:41)WDHewson Wrote:  Plugs !

Number four seems to be running a gnats-whisker richer that the others. Sad

Yes I know I'm sad sometimes. Smile

Phil.

(Feb 19, 2014, 14:51)Phil J Wrote:  
(Feb 18, 2014, 18:41)WDHewson Wrote:  Plugs !

Number four seems to be running a gnats-whisker richer that the others. Sad

Yes I know I'm sad sometimes. Smile

Phil.

What surprises me, Phil, is that the porcelain centre electrode is not uniform in color for the individual plugs. After 50 years of plug inspections, I'm at a lost to explain the inter-plug nonuniformity. But one of the things I like about the photographic angle is the great color display that reveals so much, first to the eye, then to the mind.

(Feb 19, 2014, 05:08)MrB Wrote:  One for fans of "The Two Ronnies" - Four candles? ... No, 'andles for forks:

Taken at a store in Hertfordshire, using a Pentax K-5 with zoom at 30mm, ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/80s.

Philip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo

Great. The image easily tells me how these shovel handles were so artfully made.

Split the shaft, bend the halves, insert a "keystone of wood", then brace it with the handle.

A beautiful tool, revealed photographically. Thanks.

A blacksmith's anvil and tools

A photo recorded in the old forge at Cliveden, a National Trust property in Buckinghamshire, on 26/02/2014.

Pentax K-5 II with 35mm prime lens, f/2.8, 1/60s, ISO 320, -1 EV, natural light through doorway, processed in PaintShop Pro X4.

Philip