Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Glass Related Items

Here is your opportunity to post some of the photos you have taken of different forms of glass. They can include glass items, windows, glass buildings, or other items related.

Post some general information such as the type of camera you used, settings used, as well as info about the setting if you can for the other members.

Feel free to add to the thread as you like and have fun practicing your digital photography skills!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

This probably could have worked.

But I don't really know what I should have done.

Attached Files Image(s)

What did you do. Ed.

To each his own!

(May 18, 2014, 10:42)EdMak Wrote:  What did you do. Ed.

My house has a big central skylight with a beveled glass lighting fixture nearby that acts as a prism.

This rainbow falls on a light gray carpet this time of year. So I put my clean coffee mug under the rainbow, atop a sheet of paper, all on the carpet. Among the many mis-"takes", the writing has come through from the opposite side of the paper.

But the reason I posted it, was my sense that something interesting was possible, but I didn't have the knowledge or skill to take advantage.

Commendable what you have seen/done. Doubt if any concrete suggestions can be made, without seeing the setup. Ed.

To each his own!

There's some glass here.

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo 

Stained glass from Our Lady of Guatalupa Church, McAllen Texas.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

Stained Glass

One of the windows in Chichester Cathedral, West Sussex:

Pentax K-5 II, 18-135mm zoom lens at 135mm, f/8, 1/200s, ISO 500, -1 EV. Processed in PaintShop Pro X6.

Cheers.
Philip

Cracking Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you, Ed.

(I assume you refer to the photo, not the window! Smile )

Cheers.
Philip

(Aug 7, 2014, 06:36)MrB Wrote:  Thank you, Ed.

(I assume you refer to the photo, not the window! Smile )

Cheers.
Philip

Imagine creating this window, not just photographing it. Makes me appreciate the inherent artistry of the human spirit.

Local Chapel, . Sony a290, Tamron 18/200mm @ 18mm 1/30th, @ F3.5. 125 ISO Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Looks lavishly ornate for a local chapel, Ed. The one I attended as a boy was quite plain and simple.

Cheers.
Philip

Sure it was gifted, by local person Philip. Ed.

To each his own!

Quick bit or research, from local history book. Ed.

Previous to this time James Robert Hope, a barrister, had married a grand-daughter of Sir Walter Scott, came to reside at Abbotsford, where, having assumed the name of Scott, he became known as Mr Hope-Scott. After he and his wife left the Church of England and joined the Catholic Church, when he commenced to take a deep in both in the temporal and spiritual welfare of Catholics who resided in Galashiels. Being desirous that the services should be conducted in a fitting manner, he purchased property at the foot of Stirling Street, upon the site of which he erected a chapel and school,

To each his own!

Interesting - thank you, Ed. The local community is fortunate to have such a splendid building.
Is it this one? -

Cheers.
Philip

It is Philip, unusual view, had to think a bit!! This is front on, photographed many, many weddings there. Regards. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Thank you, Ed. I found it on the Web, and I posted that view because the windows seemed to match those in your stained glass shot (Post: #12). From your photos, both inside and outside, it looks a magnificent building.

Cheers.
Philip

Finally, interior, full. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Civil Justice Centre, Manchester, England

Fuji FinePix S1500, f/5 1/320 ISO64

What are your thoughts on these boys & girls?

Taken at Cardiff Castle in the Long Gallery.

Techie Details.

Nikon D300, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 @ F3.2, 500sec, ISO500, M/Mode Pattern, Aperture Priority, Auto White Balance.

Hope you like them.

Just for contrast, and to offer that you do what you can, with what you have, and where you are.

Stained glass window in a very northern First Nations church in Canada.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Aug 16, 2014, 05:48)Phil J Wrote:  What are your thoughts on these boys & girls?

Taken at Cardiff Castle in the Long Gallery.

Techie Details.

Nikon D300, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 @ F3.2, 500sec, ISO500, M/Mode Pattern, Aperture Priority, Auto White Balance.

Hope you like them.

Hello Phil

The exposure, colours and details in the second one are great. I just think it's a shame that the sides are cropped off - I would love to see the stained glass framed by the window frame.

Just my opinions, of course.

Cheers.
Philip

(Aug 16, 2014, 06:17)WDHewson Wrote:  Just for contrast, and to offer that you do what you can, with what you have, and where you are.

Stained glass window in a very northern First Nations church in Canada.

Hello WD

This really is in contrast to the other stained glass posted here, as is the building itself!

The photo appears to show some barrel distortion, and it is over-exposed which makes it look a bit flat - lacking contrast and detail. So, if it were mine, I would do some processing on the image in an attempt to pep it up a bit. The perspective could also be corrected but, in this case, I like the angles of the lines.

E.g. After a few tweaks in PaintShop Pro X6 -

Cheers.
Philip

https://flic.kr/p/oEsfba

Using this as a test as its the first link I've done! Thought it may display the actual pic??? Would be grateful for any hep on doing this - thank you.

Taken at Waterford Crystal Factory in the Republic of Ireland.