Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Practicing Digital Photography: Photography Equipment Past & Present

Here is your opportunity to post some of the photos you have taken of camera equipment you own or have had in the past.

Post some general information about the equipment for the members.

Feel free to add to the thread as you like and have fun practicing your digital photography skills!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Here's an old Dacora Dignette from around 1956. It was made in Germany. The lens is a Cassar 45mm f/2.8. It originally belonged to my old boss.

The leather case is still in pretty good nick...

Here is a Kodak Retinette, also from around 1956.

I believe it is a Model 022 first introduced in 1954. Lens is Scheider Kreuznach Reomar and the shutter is Compur–Rapid. Leather carrying case was included with the camera. It also belonged to my old boss. I got a few usable photos from the Dacora but the Kodak would not recognise the spool (I think!).

Nice - I am sure this will bring back memories for some of the members here in the forums!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Pentax MX

Over three decades between these two -

The Pentax MX 35mm manual control film SLR camera with a standard prime lens - 50mm, f/1.7.

The Pentax MX-1 advanced compact camera with 4x zoom lens - 28-112mm (full-frame equivalent), f/1.8-2.5.

Cheers.
Philip

Lovely pair, Philip (If you'll pardon the expression!)

Here's my old favourite slr that still gives good results. It was never a classic but I loved it!.

Coachline

Thank you Coachline.

If you haven't got a compact camera to go along with your MZ-50 and K-30, the MX-1 is relatively cheap now (and seems unlikely to be available for much longer), and is highly recommended. As you would expect, the build quality is excellent, and it produces stunning quality images for a small sensor camera. So, although I use the K-5 whenever I go out to "do photography", I always have the MX-1 with me ready for anything that might arise.

Cheers.
Philip

(Apr 25, 2014, 13:19)MrB Wrote:  Thank you Coachline.

If you haven't got a compact camera to go along with your MZ-50 and K-30, the MX-1 is relatively cheap now (and seems unlikely to be available for much longer), and is highly recommended. As you would expect, the build quality is excellent, and it produces stunning quality images for a small sensor camera. So, although I use the K-5 whenever I go out to "do photography", I always have the MX-1 with me ready for anything that might arise.

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Philip.

I have a Fuji A170 which I got for a mate but he kept my Fuji S5700. It used to sit under the seat of my car but has been packed in my rucksack for a month. The MX-1 scores well on image quality and I might consider getting one instead of the Fujifilm X10 I had been looking at. Thanks

Regards

Coachline

This GE light meter looks a bit complex with all its dials and foot-candles.

Probably in the early 1960s I remember my father running up to his subjects to measure the light bouncing off them. He never had a "modern" camera with a built in light meter.

Naturally, Made in USA during an era of quality, this light meter is 100% functional.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's 'a brace of Canons' from the 1970's all of which are in perfect working order. I just don't shoot film anymore, except on the very odd occasion.

I should have put this info in the above post. Sorry all.

Left to right. Canon AE1 Program fitted with a Canon FD mount 35 -70 F/4 lens, Canon A1 fitted with Canon Power Winder and Canon FD 70 - 210 F/4 lens, finally a Canon AE1 fitted with a Canon FD 50mm F/1.8 lens. This last one belonged to my late father.

(Apr 29, 2014, 08:03)Phil J Wrote:  Here's 'a brace of Canons' from the 1970's all of which are in perfect working order. I just don't shoot film anymore, except on the very odd occasion.

Great stuff. Back when cameras were scientific instruments.

Yes WD, they were. Life seemed somewhat simpler in those days as well, or is it that we were that much younger then?

Regards.

Phil.

(Apr 25, 2014, 10:04)coachline56 Wrote:  Lovely pair, Philip (If you'll pardon the expression!)

Here's my old favourite slr that still gives good results. It was never a classic but I loved it!.

Coachline

I have a number of these, I used the first acquisition before turnng to Digital.
Lateron