Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Proud one

[Image: Boone-s.jpg]

One of my first shots with my first dSLR : )

If I imagined a radioactive panda, chances are it'd look like that Smile
Welcome aboard.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Is that a Burnese Mountain Dog? He's lovely.

Thanks! And no, actually he's a Australian Sheppard Chow mix. : )
Toad Wrote:Is that a Burnese Mountain Dog? He's lovely.

For one of your first shots it is very good.
If you focus on his eyes and then recompose the shot, or stop down a little to get the eyes in focus it would be an A+ Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:For one of your first shots it is very good.
If you focus on his eyes and then recompose the shot, or stop down a little to get the eyes in focus it would be an A+ Smile
Yeah, his eyes are a little out of focus now that you mention it.. I was really going for just focusing him and blurring the background... I really haven't been able to do that since, haha! : )

It can be tough to use selective focus on dogs, since they never quite stop moving. Personally, I suspect that autofocus has a hard time with subjects that are fluffy. Big Grin

Welcome to Shuttertalk.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Actually I loved his eyes, there is an expression in his looking and action... For a first shot, this is wonderful, I loved it. According to my own experiences, I usually take more pictures especially with dogs, cats, birds, because they move... Smile

Nice to meet you "Radioactive Panda", welcome to the forum,
Have a nice and enjoyable sharings here with us,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks for the crit guys... and the warm welcome! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kombisaurus
Jan 2, 2009, 13:24