Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quiz for people who know everything!

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters " dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

I'll post the answers tomorrow! Big Grin

Clearly I do not know everything...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

1 boxing
2 Niagara falls
3 rhubarb, asparagus. (We dont serve sparrows and my name aint gus)
4 strawberry
5 its boiled and sucked in by hot liquor going cold therefore changing the air pressure
6 dwarf and another dwarf dwelling with the first dwarf
7 full stop/comma/colon/semicolon/hyphen/exclamation mark/inverted commas/apostrophe/question mark/therefore(pawnbroker).
8 I will guess at Durian.
9 Socks shoes slippers ski's sneakers skin.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

And the official answers are....?

I've been to #2.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Tomorrow never comes, does it?
Oh! Questions, questions, questions.

#5 and #8 are wrong.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sorry everyone - totally forgot about the answers!

1 The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends . . Boxing

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward . Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons . Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside . . Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

6. Three English words beginning with dw . Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar . . Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with "s" . Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

Note - don't take these as gospel - NT73 has already shown #3 to be incorrect...

I scored 6 right plus two of the three 'dw' words.
I'm not too good with vegetables. Big Grin

I thought that the niagara river? goes from the US to Canada thereby going backwards, if you are looking towards America.
So maybe I got that wrong. Big Grin I should have asked Marilyn. Tongue

Lumix LX5.

The niagara river forms the border in that part of the countries, so in this case "backwards" simply means "upstream". (I guess that would have been too big a hint.)

I think it bothers Americans that the best view of the falls is from Canada.... Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:I think it bothers Americans that the best view of the falls is from Canada.... Big Grin
I don't know about that, but I only look at it on a webcam these days.

matthew Wrote:The niagara river forms the border in that part of the countries, so in this case "backwards" simply means "upstream". (I guess that would have been too big a hint.)

I think it bothers Americans that the best view of the falls is from Canada.... Big Grin
doesnt bother me as i know there is a river in Florida ( where i grew up ) that flows north too , Wink . Oh yea its called the St. Johns River . http://sjr.state.fl.us/welcome/river_tou..._tour.html i guess

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Mar 26, 2011, 16:58