Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reelfoot Lake

Haven’t had much time for photography lately, but we did go to Reelfoot Lake here in Tennessee a couple of weekends ago, and here are some of my shots from there. This time of year, Reelfoot is best known for its eagles. I just don’t have the lens needed to get a good shot of them in the wild, but I included a couple of what I did get. Thanks for looking.

I used a couple of filter effects on these first two:
[Image: 2207339239_66d5724136.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2194432318_62cf2197c0.jpg?v=0]

An injured eagle in a flight cage.
[Image: 2208121330_baeb0dd3e2.jpg?v=0]

The only shot I got of one in flight:
[Image: 2192944568_cb3f7ff72b.jpg?v=0]

There was just something about this that I liked:
[Image: 2208121336_b39e01db67.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

It looks like a beautiful place Aine... Smile
Very nice series.
My fav would be #3 and 5.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like the effects used on the first two, but particularly the second one. The tones and colours, while obviously pushed, contain a lot of subtlety.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Irma and Matthew.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

I like the effects on #1 and #2. Can't help but think I would like #2 with a slight straighten though. It may be accurate, but it would feel better to me if the walkway posts were vertical.

I also like what you have captured in the last one.

I like no 2 best, the light looks beautiful but I agree with Toad that I would probably like it even more
if I weren't afraid to slide off the picture while looking at it Wink

Thanks Toad and Wulinka. I wasn't sure what to do with the boardwalk shot, because the trees were leaning one way and the posts another. Here's a version of it with the posts straightened a little.

[Image: 2237514341_cf7b022d66.jpg?v=0]

Hmmm. What a dilemma. The straightened look suits my inner ear better (balance) but loses some of the fantasy. Maybe try twisting it way off vertical. The first one looked like it just *missed* vertical by accident - if it was more off vertical, it might be pretty cool.

Sorry for unsolicited critiques - I really like this shot - but I am not sure that I have seen it in all its majesty yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11