Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reflection...

I took this pictures from the bridge... the water was running so slow, that it was making beautiful patterns in the water...

[Image: 12_IMG_3172-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3187-Edit.jpg]

Hope you like them... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma,

I like the idea.

I hope you don't mind I played a bit with no 1, brought up the brightness of the blue water a bit and slightly increased blue and cyan saturation. That way, the contrast with the bright orange corner is not so stark, there is more of a transition from yellow to blue ..... and the picture looks a bit more vibrant.

Sorry if you don't like it.

[Image: 12_12_IMG_3172-Edit.jpg]

Smile Uli

Second image is wonderful!

Love the light, you should frame that. The first one is a little more abstract, almost looks like a painting.

Nice job.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Thanks for your comment Uli, Paul...

Uli,
Thanks for your suggestion... Smile
Actually I went for a dark blue as I wanted hard contrast with the yellow light. Still I can see in my monitor that I have a bit of gradient light from corner to corner but not so well define as your tried. The intention was, at the end, to favor the detail in the branch without competing with the texture of the water... (as you can see I have some pales spots in the blue I wanted to be unseen to avoid the cloning)

Thanks anyway for your suggestion... Smile

Paul,
I also thought about a print!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Really nice captures. I tend to prefer the more abstract nature of the first, but I like the colors in both.

Thank you Mitch... Smile

I was so tempt to work a bit towards the fantasy side with the first one, adding some fireflies or shining dragonflies, but I decided to leave it alone as I find the natural details fine and pleasant.

Paul Cezanne

i love the way you taken these out of the world and abstracted them. Maybe you should try posting them upside down

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

#1 is very wonderful - and I like it before lightening better, I think - very Van Gogh.

I love these Irma. No. 1 is my favorite. The color and painted quality are quite beautiful.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Thanks Don, Toad, Aine for your comment... Smile

I wanted to post another branch I got the same day but I forgot.
I will show it to you some other day... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post