Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Refraction" - my "signature" photo... ;)

this is the one shot i consider my most unique, yet it's one i took purely on a whim, one of those "i-wonder-if-i-can-get-a-picture-of-that?" kind of things. it's also one of the few i've actually bothered to register with the US copyright office... anyway, i was at a local park, and a young couple was walking in front of me on the path. the girl was blowing bubbles, leaving a stream of the sparkling spheres floating in the air behind her. most of them drifted off, or landed and popped, but this one lit on a stalk of wild grass and didn't immediately burst. i was there looking for birds, and had my Sigma 80-400 on my 30D, but i figured what the heck, and scurried up to try a shot. i got off 3 frames before the bubble burst... taken from ~ 6 feet away, shot freehand at 350mm, 1/250 @ f/5.6. yay for stabilized lenses!! anyway, this shot has won me some pretty nifty contests, and even appeared in National Geographic magazine a couple of years ago! not bad for a photo i almost passed up, and took only out of idle curiosity!! Big Grin

[Image: Refractionsm-1.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

That is a beautiful picture!!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Yes, worth a copyright. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great shot, simple yet wonderful.

Did you know that the droplet would reflect like that, or was it luck?

Amazing shot!

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MarkLant
Dec 11, 2017, 14:27