Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Renewed Passion..

Hi everyone. Its been so long since I posted that I feel guilty. Its good to see some familiar 'faces' here still.
I've had a fairly big break from photography while pursuing challenging work / career goals...
I recently made a point of having a short break from work to return to the camera.
Old habits die hard and I've renewed my passion for HDR images... heres a few recent favourites.

[Image: IMGP4396-edit2.jpg]
Second Valley, South Australia.

[Image: IMGP4055-edit-bw.jpg]
Decaying Wool Shed.

[Image: IMGP3960-edit-bw.jpg]
St Aloysious Catholic Church
Sevenhill – South Australia.

[Image: IMGP3693-edit.jpg]
Neagles Rock lookout, Clare Valley - South Australia.

All HDR's were done from 3 exposures using a combination of photomatix and CS2 for 'polishing'.
All comments / suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Welcome back! Good to see you back and really great photographs to come back with Big Grin
I think many of us experience this from time to time, having breaks from photography, big or small, usually because we're busy with other things, but good that you're back Big Grin

Please go away again - you make me feel inadequate.

Great images.

Big Grin

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

Hey Shane, good to see you and your photos again! Great pics - love the wool shed one. It has great atmosphere...

Glad to see you back.
#1 & #3 are my favorites--probably because I'm partial to their subject matter.

Superb stuff! #1 is the standout for me - but the others great as well.

All great but I like the church. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Awesome pictures, seriously.

One question though, do you gain access to all these abandoned buildings, um...legally? Tongue

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

TheBishopOfSligo Wrote:Please go away again - you make me feel inadequate.

Big Grin
Thanks Bishop (I think)...

Thanks everyone in fact.

Rabid Penguin Wrote:..do you gain access to all these buildings, um...legally?
Yes - I'm extremely careful about going onto property without permission. Due to my line of work, I can not afford to risk my career by being charged with trespassing. The few abondoned buildings that I have been in I have known someone able to get permission for me.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I keep being drawn back to the wool shed. It may be partly a trick of the web presentation, but the plank across the middle cuts it into two separate photos. Yet the highlight area in the middle of the floor pulls the image together and makes this part a natural centre of interest. I'm not sure that I love the effect, but it's compelling.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I hadn't noticed it but now I look at it I think you are right Matthew. The intention was to use the floor boards as leading lines directing your attention towards upper parts of the image. The horizontal timber prevents this...

Thanks Matt - This sort of feedback is why I came back to shuttertalk.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I took the timber out with the photoshop woodsaw...
it definately changes the image... but the other clutter in the foreground stll distracts.

[Image: IMGP4055-edit-bw-no-post.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Formerbob
Sep 20, 2013, 08:32
Last Post by Zig
Aug 13, 2007, 09:30