Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reservoir Dogs

One of my neighbours got married yesterday.
Seeing him and the groomsmen walking around in suits reminded me of the movie "Reservoir Dogs", so I got them to walk down the middle of the street so I could take this shot for him.

[Image: IMG_2071_720.jpg]

I didn't go to the wedding itself so didn't get a chance to take any shots of the bride or the ceremony (which had quite a traditional Polish flavour I believe), but I did take some other shots while the groom and groomsmen were getting ready.
Here's one of them:

[Image: IMG_1922_720.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Well, I never saw reserved pooches, but I did see, (above), some more great work from you. I bet bride & groom wish you HAD been there!

Cave canem

Thanks rufus... Smile

I didn't think about it when I wrote the subject line, but of course it makes sense that you will sniff out and reply to any dog-related thread within 5 minutes of it being posted. That's what dogs do - sniff out other dogs! Big Grin Do you have any bloodhound in you? Wink

I'm glad I haven't had to be an official photographer at anyone's wedding so far. I'm happy to be an "auxilliary" photographer to provide some extra shots (which I've done at a few weddings), but until I'd feel comfortable hiring me to do my own wedding (which I don't yet), then I don't want to be responsible for ruining anybody else's. Wink

Adrian Broughton

Nice shots - The first one does remind you of Resevoir Dogs.

Not going to have a shot of the best man dancing around the rings with a gascan now, are we?

............................but until I'd feel comfortable hiring me to do my own wedding ......................

Good grief man. You're clearly better than most now! :o

Cave canem

Both great shots Adrian, Reservior Dogs has been one of my favorite movies for a long time now. And that shot definately has somethign of a Tarantinoesq feel to it Smile

2nd shot is wonderful.

I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs, but after seeing this picture of yours I'll see if I can rent it. Smile

Great work, Adrian!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

haha Toad... For dancing around with a gas-can, you needed to be at the buck's night! Wink

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rufus Smile
But unfortunately, it doesn't change my mind. Tongue
And... Don't think I'm being really harsh on myself saying I wouldn't hire me for my own wedding.... Based on some of the wedding photos I've seen in my life, there are plenty of working professional wedding photographers I wouldn't hire to do my wedding either! Big Grin
And based on some of the better wedding photos I've seen, I can also see a lot of room for improvement ahead of me. Smile Some of the best shots I've seen are simply amazing though.

And thanks Craig and G Smile

If you are going to watch the movie G, just a little word of warning. The movie has nothing to do with weddings, but a lot to do with guys in suits and violence. Wink But then it wouldn't be a Tarantino movie without violence, would it? Tongue

Shame the bridesmaids weren't there for a few "Kill Bill" shots? Big GrinBig Grin

Adrian Broughton

The first is an unually expressive Wedding shot. They will treasure this.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Great shots Adrian. The rings are exceptional. The first does have that resemblance to Reservoir Dogs. First thing to pop into my head when I hear that title is...

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.
Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

guerito Wrote:I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs, but after seeing this picture of yours I'll see if I can rent it. Smile
The shot is just perfect for the movie. The same kind of style and swagger. (The movie's not for the squeamish, however.)

In a photo of four people, it's a good shot of every single one of them. If you look at them as individual photos, each one is expressing their personality and is caught at a perfect moment. That's hard to do with one person walking, getting all four is amazing.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Geat exposure Kombi love how the sky is blown out in #1 sits well with the mood of the pic.

hi

great shots and ps work...

i like the second one (the rings) uuhmm whats the black thing on the left??

I can see what you did and more of less know what you did but could it be possible to explain what you did?? (the rings shot)( in photoshop) thanks ( i think is good to point out the steps for the other people who are trying to get into photoshop and layers)

christian

One thing I love about the Reservoir Dogs pic - attitude! You just have to look at the guy on the right and laugh... - it's awesome that he really got into it... Big Grin

Onto photography - I think you've done a stunning job as usual... lovely tones and the selective focus is nicely done on the 2nd one.

I think you'd make a great wedding photog, Adrian... You could be different and take the bride and groom to those abandoned urban exploration places for some pics with real substance...

Too bad I'm already married, otherwise I'd hire you in a sec. Big Grin

haha, I haven't seen the movie (squemish) but it looks cool anyhow.
I think you'd do a better job than a lot of wedding photographers out there- but that doesn't mean you should!!
I can totally understand not wanting to deal with neurotic brides on a regular basis! Big Grin

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Speechless.................... that is all.

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Hey quick! Check this!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RESERVOIR-DOGS...dZViewItem

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 19, 2018, 16:42
Last Post by Rolf
Feb 5, 2015, 13:06
Last Post by Barbara G.
Sep 8, 2013, 11:19