Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rivets

Two of the many old steel bridges that cross the San Antonio River in the heart of downtown.
I was working there last night and took some shots while on break.
The 2nd photo is a re-do of an earlier attempt at the same shot from two years ago--this one is much better.

[Image: kak.rivets1.jpg]

[Image: kak.rivets2.jpg]

It was a nice evening, except for watching a man die on the sidewalk--heart failure or a stroke.
EMTs revived him, and the hospital was just a block away. I hope he survived.

nice shots, I like the parallel between rivets and lights, well composed

Uli

The second one it better -- I remember and like the original, but this is improved.

I really do want to like the first, and would have an easier time if the building in the back move over to the right just a smidge -- enough to centre it on the rivet. And the green has come out much stronger; I prefer the saturation level in #2.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Different bridge, different color of paint, different lights, different results.

Rivetting stuff, nonetheless.

:|

Seriously though..there's a sense of them being intrinsic to the whole of the action in the 2nd shot: a combination of viewpoint, lines and composition. The more I view this, the more I like it, to be honest. A sort of "marching", yet almost the "subterranean" about them...as if there's something "under" the city that comes relentlessly to the surface. Really good.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig--I love your "subterranean" comment because that's what is going on here.
San Antonio's main tourist attraction besides The Alamo is our RiverWalk, and these city-street-level bridges are directly over some of the best parts of it's action.
The river twists and turns all through the downtown zone and the whole length is landscaped and lit and there are restaurants and bars and barge rides, etc.
All you have to do is take an elevator or some stone steps down to see what is "under" the city at river level.
These old bridges serve as a reminder that there is something down below that's worth seeing.

Excellent, Keith!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08