Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Romance in the city

Romance in the city... I felt like last weekend when I was visiting some places of the city.

1) This photograph was taken from the ferry port; just before the sunset... It was a cloudy dark day and rained too. But I love these moments in the blue colours... and it has been seen the first lights of the city. I forgot to add this, Galata Tower is on the left side but not seen in this picture. Just a detail for who knows this city and visited once. This is Karaköy port, Istanbul port down the mosque... And there is a tallest building at the top, it is where the Taksim Square is. I hope you all remember.

[Image: 205a.jpg]

2) We are waiting for ferry boat at the line of vehicles. And a ship has been passing in front of my eyes The other side actually same side where I was I mean at ferry port, it is all European side. And these houses are very near the Karaköy port, Istanbul port. I am sure some of you all came to this port by the cruise. And up to the houses (that is not seen in this picture) there is Galata Tower. But these white ships are for the transportation between both sides for passengers.

[Image: 175a.jpg]

3) Walking along the sea... This time, the left side of the photograph is the Golden Horn and the right side that it is not seen, the enterance of the Bosphorus. This ship goes to the other side, where I live; Anatolian side. Actually these ships are very new... The other ones are too old but I do love them much more, in the last photograph of this group you can see this old one.

[Image: 158a.jpg]

4) These amateur fishermen are like a symbol of the Galata Bridge on the Golden Horn. Yes on the right side you can see this Galata Tower.

[Image: 33a.jpg]

5) At the coastal road on European side... I am taking pictures from an open window of our car. And yes, there is romance in the air The enterance of the Bosphorus and a ship is leaving the city to the open seas... If you come by airplane to the city and if your taxi drives you from airport to the Taksim Square (the center of the city), probably will be this coastal road. On the left side there are city walls and at the end Topkapı Palace (Ottoman Empire Palace but today it is one of the greatest museums of the city), again just details...

[Image: 154a.jpg]

Thank you,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Not only views but a self portrait as well in #5...

Toad Wrote:Not only views but a self portrait as well in #5...
.... Smile Thank you again,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Very nice views of the city, nia. I don't remember to have seen before a scene like #4. I like it a lot!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Aug 31, 2011, 11:35