Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rose for a lady.

Just a doodle.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Wow! I think this is totally beautiful!!! Can you share with us a little bit about how you created the final result?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Mmmmh Tough one that

Original B/G a bit dark so ... Selected rose using magic wand (CS) Copied to clipboard.

Started with Zoom blur which enlarges the rose a bit during the blur and zoom process.

Pasted rose (from clipboard), and 'edit' 'transform' enlarged copy, to cover old blurred rose. Then in unsharp mask used radius slider ..wildly.. and got strange effects on rose. (I am not just a pretty face.)

Increased canvas 10% (I think) colour Black. then some more with colour white. This page background is not white (darker but forgotten what, or it would have blended with page.)

Select and stroke 2 px white. "Transform' to increase rose to come out of top of shot.
A bit of careful eraser around the top edge of rose to remove dark lines.
That's all I can remember really.

I do sometimes play around but not to any set formula.
Other times they are OOC. Depends if I feel they are showable.

There may be a few more filter bits (I seem to remember twirl, wave and zig zag, but wether I used them or not I can't remember.)

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 - thanks for sharing with us! I think the photo is truly amazing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Glad you like it. Thanks.

Lumix LX5.

AMAZING! So neat the way the rose goes off the edge. I love the textures and the detail. FABULOUS!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post