Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Roses...

For all the flower junkies here... Big Grin

I know that most of you are not too keen on flower shots, but I will post these anyway. I'm quite proud of my raw file treatment, nothing is actually blown out. This was a bit difficult with the reds and whites. If it looks blown out, it's your monitor. Smile (My monitor doesn't show any detail above 240-240-240 or so, either)

[Image: 0363_dsc_0191-01-copy.jpg]

[Image: 0363_dsc_0195-01-copy.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I think I will need a new monitor soon, because I can see your white roses blown out Wink and bigger if it were possible.... just not to miss the details Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

You have to stand in line, dear - they look blown out on my screen too. Big Grin

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

guerito Wrote:You have to stand in line, dear - they look blown out on my screen too. Big Grin

Big Grin

I only see a small bit of white that is blown out. Still, nice shots. I do find though, that the first is lacking some sharpness and #2's depth of focus is a bit too deep. The closer rose on the right is a bit out of focus. Probablt just standing a little to close while taking the shot.

I'd also like to see more of what it is that you have there in the flower garden. I see a set of steel cogs.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I love flower shots, G,and these are very nice! I like the colour and DOF on #1 - the red stands out and is complimented at the same time by the green foliage. #2 has some interesting stonework to break up the image.

Irma Wrote:I think I will need a new monitor soon, because I can see your white roses blown out Wink

Heheh, good to see these forums are useful for shopping requests for spouses too! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
May 26, 2017, 10:22