Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SEA VIXEN

SEA VIXEN at Bournemouth Air Show

There is potential here. Have you any editing software, would improve it. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

I agree with Ed, as this image is quite sharp but a bit under-exposed for what appears to be a cloudy but bright day. To make the image pop, it needs some adjustments to brightness, contrast and saturation with some gentle sharpening. If it were mine, I would crop to remove the dark corner, and to give more space in front than behind. Obviously, it is up to you, but here is an example:

Cheers.
Philip

Nice capture, nice and sharp.

I put in a different sky, (Local). great capture. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Well, yet another 'Ed Mac' triumph!!

The original capture was very good, but, what Ed's done makes it a 'great image'.

Well done both of you. Smile

Regards.

Phil.

The author is quite on this, although he may not have seen it.

If he does read it, am I correct in saying it was a take off shot, rather than a landing. Sure this is the only Vixen now flying. I did work on Vampires/Venoms, mid 50's.

I had a lot of help, as you can see from the P/S Startup Screen.
I did spend time on it, mainly in Shadow/Highlights, and tried various filters.

If it were a black & White neg, I am confident I would have produced a similar print in the Darkroom, sharpening apart, which is a digital trait.

There is not really a lot "wrong" with the original, as Philip rightly points out.

This image was produced vis Ashampoo Commander, a free download some time ago, and this is the first time I have tried it. Done in about 2 mts, using Auto settings, Quick Fix, and, Sharpen.

Again, this pic was taken well enough, just needed some "After sales service". Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

PS, (the edit is gone)!!

For vis, read via, and, all pics edited here, was from a 371 Kb File!! Ed.

To each his own!

Ed, perhaps you and I might possibly agree that your last edit in Post #7 is not as good as the one you produced for Post #5. There you have done a much neater job of lifting the details from the darkness of the original. However, as you always imply in your signature message (To each his own!), we see things differently and I don't think even that edit is yet great. It looks a bit too light and flat for a bright day and so, for me, it needs a bit of a contrast boost (the plane, not the sky), to make it take off in the direction of greatness! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Definately agree, just showing a Freebie, and, all Auto, no thinking.
Not sure that it was a bright, (Define bright)! day.
Assumed that it was camouflage mode, muted, as I would have expected for the era.
Have just tried one as suggested, but not happy with the result, probably asking too much for the file size.
Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

(Aug 30, 2015, 12:50)EdMak Wrote:  ...Not sure that it was a bright, (Define bright)! day...
Cheers. Ed.

Ed, both the sky in the original, and the sky that you used, appear to have thin white clouds with patches of blue between, so I would guess that they were both from fairly bright days - EV around 13 or 14.

Cheers.
Philip

When you ask P/S RAW, to "Auto" it, virtually no sky. May have been post edit already. Final edit! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Aug 30, 2015, 05:43)EdMak Wrote:  The author is quite on this, although he may not have seen it.

If he does read it, am I correct in saying it was a take off shot, rather than a landing. Sure this is the only Vixen now flying. I did work on Vampires/Venoms, mid 50's.

I had a lot of help, as you can see from the P/S Startup Screen.
I did spend time on it, mainly in Shadow/Highlights, and tried various filters.

If it were a black & White neg, I am confident I would have produced a similar print in the Darkroom, sharpening apart, which is a digital trait.

There is not really a lot "wrong" with the original, as Philip rightly points out.

This image was produced vis Ashampoo Commander, a free download some time ago, and this is the first time I have tried it. Done in about 2 mts, using Auto settings, Quick Fix, and, Sharpen.

Again, this pic was taken well enough, just needed some "After sales service". Ed.

Hi Edmak The photo of the Sea Vixen was neither a take off or landing shot it was taken as it flew past over the sea .I found the views of the photo from your self and others very interesting as I am new to this thread,also the editing you did to this photo made it look v/ good. Regards MBS

Some you win, some you loose!!
The undercarriage configuration prompted my remark.
Was fortunate to get a flight in a Vampire T11, 2 seater trainer, had control for about 10 mts, or so the pilot said! great. If you worked on any kite, and there was room, pilot was happy to take you up. Got bumped of a B29, so an officer could go. Mossie, got to the runway, and he decided not to go, Mag drop was just over the limit, I tried to tell him what to do!!! Harvard was a regular occurrence, station taxi, and used for non flying pilots to get time in, to keep flying pay. always gave you control for a few minutes Was stupid enough to go up in a helicopter, looked like a Meccano set, noisy. 150 feet up, was violently pointing down. Tried for a Lincoln, but a big queue, never managed. Happy days. Regards. Ed.

To each his own!