Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

San He - second time.

Hey everyone.

I had no class today and went on a small trip to a historic little town called San He, or Three Rivers.
I've been there once last year with a friend and some students, this time I went by myself. It is only about 20 miles south of Hefei and easy enough to get there, i.e. if you know how to.

Anyway, I don't want to write much, you can refer to my blog if you wish, here are just some pics.

[Image: IMG_1730-Street.jpg]
a street in San He

A local invited me into his beautiful (if run-down) old house, there were a few class tiles in the roof so that rays of light were shining into the otherwise rather dark kitchen - right onto the famous water bottles!

[Image: IMG_1623kitchen.jpg]
water bottles in kichen

other houses along the narrow lanes are less historic, rather from the 1960s and 70s or so I would guess, and you can often peak into their kitchen, living rooms...

[Image: IMG_1686-mao.jpg]
living room.

you notice two things characteristic for China? Yes, water bottles and Mao.... Smile

I visited the mansion of a couple who had done business there, him selling rice, her selling fabrics, very interesting. The house was nicely decorated, here are two pictures from the "sewing room"

[Image: IMG_1660-sewing%20room2.jpg]

sewing 1 (no, she is not real)

[Image: IMG_1659-sewing%20room.jpg]

sewing 2

Along the streets you can buy all sorts of local foods, like these noodles, I think I have only seen in
San He so far.

[Image: IMG_1702-noodles.jpg]

noodles

And yes, NT, however appetizing the result may look, you don't want to see how/where these dishes are prepared.

[Image: IMG_1694-dishes1.jpg]
dishes 1

I had my lunch at this restaurant:

[Image: IMG_1708-dishes.jpg]
restaurant

see the small fish on the plate on the right? not the big ones in the first row, but the smaller, dried ones behind them. with these I had fried rice balls. the owner of the restaurant even remembered me from our first visit, even though at that time, we had not stayed for lunch.

I also revisited the barber's shop you already know from my hairdresser series,
this time the boss was even there:

[Image: IMG_1738-hairdresse.jpg]
hairdresser revisited

Hope you enjoy my pictures, have a good evening everyone!

Greetings, Uli

PS: 350D, 50mm/1.4

Lovely series Uli - the first two and the noodle shot are perfect.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris! It's funny, you picked the ones I like the least.... uli

Which is your favourite Uli? It would be hard to choose I think.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I don't think I have one favorite among these, but generally I like my details better than wider shots.

I like the fish dish for its colors, of course I like the hairdresser for its content.... and the reflection of the stitching lady was a nice idea.....

Uli

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Apr 24, 2016, 15:32