Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Saying Hello

Hi everyone .... I've just bought a Nikon D3200 DSLR and have no idea what I'm doing. I have always wanted an SLR camera but have never been able to afford one before now. I want to learn how to use it and have looked at some magazines but didn't know which one to buy so have decided to join this website/forum to hopefully pick up some tips.
Thanks in advance
redwazza.

Hi Redwazza,

Welcome.

A good place to start is by focusing on the types of images you would like to take. If you let the forum know what type of images you want to take, we may be able to give you some specific tips.

Mike

www.art-seekers.com

You can view a few of my images including some actions shots at

http://www.art-seekers.com

This is a very helpful web tool for learning about the controls on your camera -

http://camerasim.com/apps/camera-simulator/

Scroll down that page to read the instructions.

Cheers.
Philip

Hello,

Welcome to the photography forums! We are glad you joined us! There is also a lot of useful information posted here in the forums. You are also welcome to ask more specific questions so members can help you. Thanks for joining us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm sure i'll soon be in touch with questions.

The D3200 is said to have a rather handy " Guide Mode ". Could be a good place to start. Welcome and enjoy yourself ! Mike.

Welcome, redwazza! These folks are great and will be a great source of encouragement and information. I'm kind of in the same boat as I just received a Canon EOS Rebel T3i for Christmas. I owned a couple of small Kodak digital cameras and am working to get a strong handle on this beast before my daughter's college graduation in May. Fortunately, this model has a very good AUTO mode and a lot of helps (including video lessons) that make it easier to learn the basics and begin to develop a firmer understanding of the deeper intricacies of the more advanced capabilities. If you go to AMAZON and type in the model of camera with the phrase "user's guide" or something similar you will see a large number of effective guides to get you on your way. I ordered a copy of David Busch's Guide to my Canon EOS and it is great (actually I ordered the "field guide" which is cool because you can keep it in your camera bag and it has lots of info to aid you when you are out shooting pictures). I recommend his works highly and I checked and there is a guide for your model of Nikon. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Best wishes,

Chuck (AKA Herakles82)