Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scaleber Foss /waterfall

Hi a shot of Scaleber Foss Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Foss is Norse for waterfall. This one drops through a narrow wooded cleft. This is just a small section.

Geranite,

A cracking shot, the detail level is commensurate with a highly accurate exposure. On a personal level, I'm not a great fan of 'milky' water flows in this subject type, however, in this instance the slow shutter speed (presumably with the aid of an unspecified ND filter) really works. Well done Geranite, keep up the good work.

Congratulations on cracking the posting puzzle as well. Smile

Regards.

Phil.

Thanks Phil,

Just needed your advice on the width and that sorted it.
No ND filter used, it was a miserable late afternoon and light levels were really poor so ISO 100, F16, and 15 sec, then a little burning and dodging in LR

Nice - thank you for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Mar 23, 2014, 11:27)Barbara G. Wrote:  Nice - thank you for sharing with us!

Thanks

Cool photo - although I'm a fan of your other waterfall picture. What are the settings / post processing effects for this one?

(Mar 24, 2014, 02:32)kNox Wrote:  Cool photo - although I'm a fan of your other waterfall picture. What are the settings / post processing effects for this one?

Hi KNox, For this one, colour, ISO 100, F16, and 15 sec, then a little burning and dodging in LR, it was really miserable weather and almost dark to be honest which helped.

For the mono: ISO 100, 24mm, F16, 10 sec then conversion in LR5 to B&W ,with a little dodging to lighten the stump and burning for the foam but to be honest not a lot.

I prefer the mono

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

(Mar 25, 2014, 02:23)gerainte Wrote:  
(Mar 24, 2014, 02:32)kNox Wrote:  Cool photo - although I'm a fan of your other waterfall picture. What are the settings / post processing effects for this one?

Hi KNox, For this one, colour, ISO 100, F16, and 15 sec, then a little burning and dodging in LR, it was really miserable weather and almost dark to be honest which helped.

For the mono: ISO 100, 24mm, F16, 10 sec then conversion in LR5 to B&W ,with a little dodging to lighten the stump and burning for the foam but to be honest not a lot.

I prefer the mono

Gotcha, thanks! Not much post-processing it seems, so nice capture! Smile

(Mar 26, 2014, 09:35)kNox Wrote:  
(Mar 25, 2014, 02:23)gerainte Wrote:  

I prefer the mono

Gotcha, thanks! Not much post-processing it seems, so nice capture! Smile

Thanks

(Mar 22, 2014, 15:52)gerainte Wrote:  Hi a shot of Scaleber Foss Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Foss is Norse for waterfall. This one drops through a narrow wooded cleft. This is just a small section.
What an awesome shot! I try and try and don't even come close to this!!!! Excellent! Di

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post