Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scramble photos

Hello everyone. I took these at the weekend - it was a beautiful day, but a bit windy.
Taken with my canon eos 600d
Photo 1 - f/5.6, 1/1250 sec. ISO 200, 146mm
Photo 2 - f/6.3, 1/1250 sec. ISO 250, 196mm
Photo 3 - f/5, 1/1250 sec. ISO 100, 100mm
Photo 4 - f/5.6, 1/1250 sec. ISO 200, 123mm

All comments and criticism welcome as I have a lot to learn. This is my first attempt at an outdoor sports event: apart from speedway through wire fencing, which was not good.
Jane

Attached Files Image(s)

Jane. My advice is, where possible, always crop out people who are not watching the action. I would be very pleased to have taken these photos, especially the last one. So play about with cropping images and see if you can make a good shot, great.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Great for a first, a lot better than mine, 1951/2!! John's advice is good. Ed.

To each his own!

A bit of cropping.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Bit of free Licence, and, a small file to start with, possibilities? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(May 4, 2016, 07:46)Jocko Wrote:  Jane. My advice is, where possible, always crop out people who are not watching the action. I would be very pleased to have taken these photos, especially the last one. So play about with cropping images and see if you can make a good shot, great.

Thank you for your advice John. I was so concentrated on the bikes going round, I never gave a thought to the people in the background. Some of them I can crop out, but others are impossible as they are behind the bikers. I will remember this for next time.
Many thanks
Jane

(May 4, 2016, 07:52)EdMak Wrote:  Great for a first, a lot better than mine, 1951/2!! John's advice is good. Ed.

Thank you Ed. I will remember John's advice for next time, and will go through my photos and crop what I can
Jane

(May 4, 2016, 07:55)Jocko Wrote:  A bit of cropping.

I see the difference, much better. I had not noticed the riders helmet at the top of the photo before posting it here.
Jane

(May 4, 2016, 15:46)EdMak Wrote:  Bit of free Licence, and, a small file to start with, possibilities? Ed.

It looks blurry to me, but I like the result apart from that
Jane

That is why the caveat, small file. I did blur the wheels deliberately. Cheers. Al.

To each his own!
Smile 

they are extremely good well doneSmile

SmileJohn

(May 5, 2016, 14:04)caveman Wrote:  they are extremely good well doneSmile

Thank you John
Regards Jane

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Apr 21, 2015, 08:18
Last Post by Rikstwinkle