Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sharp Shank Hawk

Saw this guy high in a neighbours tree... not sure if it is a Sharp Shank or a Coopers... either ways it's a hawk and while he has been sitting overlooking our area, all the usual bird and squirrel activity has ceased! Apparently they have come to recognise bird feeders (we have one) and they sit near them and wait for their lunches to arrive... for theirs! I have cropped because no matter where I shot from, bits of tree got in the way.. Distance to the bird about 130m away and about a 45 degree up angle.

Details:
Canon 1D Mk4
Canon EF 300mm L IS f2.8 with x2 Canon Mk 3 converter
F 8
1/640
ISO 400
Focal length 780 mm

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Almost blends with the tree, super. Ed.

To each his own!

(Apr 30, 2015, 10:50)EdMak Wrote:  Almost blends with the tree, super. Ed.

They have amazing plumage... I heard it call and searched for it for over an hour before spotting it.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Amazing camouflage plumage, and well captured images, Rolf.

Cheers.
Philip

(Apr 30, 2015, 11:34)MrB Wrote:  Amazing camouflage plumage, and well captured images, Rolf.

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you Philip... appreciate your time to comment.

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

That lens and tc realky work well together, nice shot.

(Apr 30, 2015, 13:21)EnglishBob Wrote:  That lens and tc realky work well together, nice shot.
One day... I will have my coveted ef 800mm.... Thanks for taking the time to comment - appreciate it!

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Great pics. Love the plumage colours. A very crafty bird to watch the feeders for a quick meal.

Regards Jane

Superb images Rolf

Photography is a never-ending journey

Excellent captures - well taken.

(May 1, 2015, 04:32)Plantsman Wrote:  Superb images Rolf

Thank you Peter...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(May 1, 2015, 05:19)Jeffbridge Wrote:  Excellent captures - well taken.

Thanks Jeff

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Mar 2, 2015, 04:46
Last Post by Rolf
Jan 29, 2015, 17:44