Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shoot It NOW!

Just a reminder:
Don't wait too long or your intended subject might get ruined or destroyed.
After I lost my chance a few times, and then saw scenes I had shot get torn down within a few days, I wised-up and make it a point to take as many photos as I can of something (even if the light is bad) just to get a record--something, anything.

Here's the latest example:
Some of you might remember this post of an old stone shack in the woods.

When I was in the area recently I discovered that a new house is being built on the property that not only ruins several angles but also means I'm in danger of a trespassing charge should I return.
[Image: kak.shack05.jpg]

I have shot abandoned buildings and playgrounds that were bulldozed flat within days, and felt lucky.
Don't rely on luck--be pro-active and shoot the things that interest you as soon as possible.
They may not even be there next time you visit.

Excellent advice, Keith! I must try to keep at least one good camera with me, as much as possible. I can't rely on the photos from my cell phone.

Regards.....Dennis

You could always knock on the door, show him what you took before, and ask for a free run of the place (at weekends) Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very true - some of my favourite places have been lost to neighbourhood improvements.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Indeed so. I found earlier this year that some natural landscape features I anticipated being on earth longer than I will be, were bulldozed and removed for no real reason. Yes, change can happen in a twinkling...bless others while you still can(which is a good raison d'etre for snapping I reckon).

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

...and by strange coincidence, your subject line reflects Castle Zig's extant foreign policy on superfluous and edible native British fauna...

Tongue

"...BLAM....sorry officer, it was my mirror-return on my Pentax 67 that you heard...."

Cool

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 29, 2019, 09:16