Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shuter-talk?

I went for a daytrip to the country on Sunday and I couldn't resist stopping to take a pic of this road sign...

[Image: PIC-0022.jpg]

Maybe we need a new banner/logo? Big Grin

By the way, on the way back in the evening, it was pitch black I was driving along a small country lane. Suddenly two kangaroos jumped out in front of my car... thankfully I was traveling slowly, and swerved - I missed the first one, but clipped the 2nd one very lightly with the front right tyre. I didn't really get a good look but my wife said it was lying on the ground when she looked back. Fortunately, there wasn't any damage to the car as well...

I'm pretty sure you'd find it's pronounced as "shooter" Tongue

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Shooter-talk? Discussions about rifles and pistols? Big Grin

Jules, I like the new avatar, but I do miss the old one. It's just not the same around here... Big Grin

I fixed the pronunciation problem.

[Image: 7_shutter.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Jules, you were lucky the kangaroo didn't cause an accident. My son coming home from work late evening a few weeks ago had to run over one and killed it. He had to choose in a split second whether he took a chance on swerving with trees on each side of the road or killing it. Car off road for a week and over $1,000 worth of damage.
I kind of like 'Shutter Ave' Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Nice work on the sign Matt and I am so glad you are ok ST.

Canon stuff.

I get it. Big Grin Good one.

When I was at the zoo a few years ago all of the kangaroos were just laying about, scratching themselves.
[Image: kak.roos.jpg]

Nothing much interested or alarmed them.

Should photoshop the Other street sign to say "Aperture Way" or something.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

There's a Shuter in Toronto, too, and it's pronounced "shooter" here as well. Which reminds me, that was a really bad movie... I rented it a few days ago.

[Image: piers-070725_7250847-websm.jpg]

(While I've taken the photo for a walk through Lightroom, I haven't changed the sign.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Pat: Yes I was very fortunate, it could have been much uglier.

Nice find, Matthew! Big Grin I like your photoshop effort too.

On your Toronto sign, it looks like there's space to do some cloning too... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Dec 22, 2014, 19:27
Last Post by brianmoh
Apr 13, 2008, 23:17
Last Post by teddyfingers
Jan 31, 2005, 23:19