Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest April 2014: Lines & Patterns

Love old fences

Attached Files Image(s)

Close To An Angel

This is Sir Antony Gormley's famous Angel of the North. I used a larger lens for a close up to pick up the details in the lines and patterns. This doesn't show the vastness of her. She is 20 metres (66 ft) tall, with a wingspan measuring 54 metres (177 ft) across.

She is awesome and worth the £1million it cost to build and erect her. She stands watch over Gateshead, Tyne and Wear and people travel miles to the A1 to see her.

Attached Files Image(s)

Three shots from a Christmas trip to Chicago. Lines galore!

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/

(Apr 21, 2014, 10:32)DigiDiva Wrote:  Close To An Angel

This is Sir Antony Gormley's famous Angel of the North. I used a larger lens for a close up to pick up the details in the lines and patterns. This doesn't show the vastness of her. She is 20 metres (66 ft) tall, with a wingspan measuring 54 metres (177 ft) across.

She is awesome and worth the £1million it cost to build and erect her. She stands watch over Gateshead, Tyne and Wear and people travel miles to the A1 to see her.

Beautiful picture and wonderful subject.

(Apr 2, 2014, 09:13)ikisshorses Wrote:  Prairie Falcon showing off his patterned chest.

A longer lens would have help on this shot. And the the anthropomorphizing caption is a bit trite. (These comments are meant as constructive criticism.)

Taken with my Panasonic FZ200, an extension tube and a x10 filter

Hi these are my entries hope you enjoy.

Shadow patterns as a storm approaches over this olive grove

Hello gerainte,

It would be nice to see a bigger view of these photos. Did you resize them down before uploading? I am wondering if maybe they were sized down a little too much. Thank you!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Apr 28, 2014, 14:47)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello gerainte,

It would be nice to see a bigger view of these photos. Did you resize them down before uploading? I am wondering if maybe they were sized down a little too much. Thank you!

May be bigger
Geraint

The third hopefully
Thanks
Geraint

First photo is from above Malham in Yorkshire, a wet and grey day , so just took spin.
The second is from Northern Spain this Easter as a storm approached over this olive grove.
Third is also this Easter from Newbrough Sands, North Wales.
Ta

(Apr 9, 2014, 14:46)Chris Drury Wrote:  Just some experimental shots with a bit of photoshop colouring for effect ...

Hi I like this work.

Two lines. Is this why they're called "air-liners"?

Attached Files Image(s)

Leave no man behind in the skys....

The United States Air Force Monument, Arlington VA.

The design symbolizes flight and the flying spirit with three spires that soar 270 feet high and represent contrails of the Air Force Thunderbirds as they disperse in a "bomb burst" maneuver.

F.14
1/800th
ISO 500
23mm

PP bumped Contrast just a hair.

Columns of Peace...

Former Home of Robert E. Lee, Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington VA.

F10
1/400 sec
ISO 500
18mm

Attached Files Image(s)

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of you who submitted photos for the April contest. There were really nice entries and it was not easy choosing a winner again this month. Many of the photo entries were very interesting in looking at different lines & patterns photography.

I would like to congratulate Simon Rose on photo number three as the winner.

We look forward to seeing more members' entries in the months to come!

Simon Rose - you have your private messages and email function on the forums disabled; please send me a message with the country you are from and your email address so I can send you the proper Amazon e-gift card to you.

I will be on the forums as much as I possibly can in the next three to four days, but know that my daughter is having heart surgery (in case my response is slow). Thank you!

Members - please take a moment to review the rules for updates with the May contest forward.

Again - job well done Simon Rose!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(May 4, 2014, 15:25)Barbara G. Wrote:  First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of you who submitted photos for the April contest. There were really nice entries and it was not easy choosing a winner again this month. Many of the photo entries were very interesting in looking at different lines & patterns photography.

I would like to congratulate Simon Rose on photo number three as the winner.

We look forward to seeing more members' entries in the months to come!

Simon Rose - you have your private messages and email function on the forums disabled; please send me a message with the country you are from and your email address so I can send you the proper Amazon e-gift card to you.

I will be on the forums as much as I possibly can in the next three to four days, but know that my daughter is having heart surgery (in case my response is slow). Thank you!

Members - please take a moment to review the rules for updates with the May contest forward.

Again - job well done Simon Rose!

hugs

Well deserved. Ed.

To each his own!

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I was chuffed to win once, but be selected again is overwhelming.

There are so many great shots posted in these forums it is difficult to see how you can compete sometimes, but The only way to really know how good your photography is to ask the experts.

Praise from the praiseworthy is praise indeed.

Thank you.

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/