• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest April 2014: Lines & Patterns

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest April 2014: Lines & Patterns

Category: Lines & Patterns
Contest Begins: April 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: April 30th, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography capturing lines & patterns. This can include anything that is family friendly which depicts interesting lines and patterns in photography.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the photograph and bring interest to the viewer.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

This thread will be opened when the contest date begins.

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions when the thread is opened, or simply send me a private message here in the forums.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Buddies of Spring

Attached Files Image(s)

Natures patterns of life.

Attached Files Image(s)

Prairie Falcon showing off his patterned chest.

Attached Files Image(s)

Slate roof pattern with architectural lines.

Shelter at Great Mammoths Caves National Park.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great capture. Ed.

To each his own!

(Mar 23, 2014, 12:04)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest April 2014: Lines & Patterns

Category: Lines & Patterns
Contest Begins: April 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: April 30th, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography capturing lines & patterns. This can include anything that is family friendly which depicts interesting lines and patterns in photography.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the photograph and bring interest to the viewer.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

This thread will be opened when the contest date begins.

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions when the thread is opened, or simply send me a private message here in the forums.

Hi, can you clarify what is meant by 'a small amount of post processing'. Thanks Joby

Hello Joby135 - we would really like to see very little post processing in the contest entries if possible. In other words, please try to keep them as natural as possible to the original photograph. Hope this helps you - let me know if you need more clarification.

(Apr 5, 2014, 13:50)Barbara G. Wrote:  Hello Joby135 - we would really like to see very little post processing in the contest entries if possible. In other words, please try to keep them as natural as possible to the original photograph. Hope this helps you - let me know if you need more clarification.

Barbara, thanks for that. Joby

Dovetail pattern and lines of a corner of a house on the Natchez Trace Parkway.

I don't know if you would call it a log house, as all the wood is fully sawed. But the sun fell on it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Barbara, quick question.

Does it matter if one uploads images with one's watermark to the monthly contest?

Thank you kindly,

First Entry -- Blue Drinking Goblets

These were glasses ready to dress tables in a very posh restaurant at Uclulet BC, Canada.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Apr 5, 2014, 19:47)zoshart Wrote:  Hi Barbara, quick question.

Does it matter if one uploads images with one's watermark to the monthly contest?

Thank you kindly,

This is not a problem - thank you for asking! The only time it would be an "issue" if the watermark is so huge and distracts from the actual image you are entering. Hope this helps you! Thank you!

(Apr 4, 2014, 17:50)WDHewson Wrote:  Slate roof pattern with architectural lines.

Great Pic! Di

This was taken at the park down our street. I have a Canon Rebel 3t and used a 200 mm lens.

public Seating, Loughborough Town Centre.

[Image: PublicseatingLoughborough_zpsba31c042.jpg]

He who has come through the fire will not fade in the sun

Glad you told me, would never have guessed, good eye, great capture. Ed. (What is your "Proper" name)?

To each his own!

[attachment=3085]

Just some experimental shots with a bit of photoshop colouring for effect ...

(Apr 4, 2014, 17:50)WDHewson Wrote:  Slate roof pattern with architectural lines.

I love this snap.

(Apr 7, 2014, 09:14)suzfisher Wrote:  This was taken at the park down our street. I have a Canon Rebel 3t and used a 200 mm lens.

Love the fence.

Great shot.

Diane

Apart from converting the RAW file to monochrome and playing with the tone sliders, this one has no post-processing.

Here is a set of railings in Adare, Ireland

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

And here's one looking up the underside of a Bandstand Roof

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Here is my first entry. It's of the Titanic building in Belfast. This one of the 4 corners of the building which are modelled on the bow of the Titanic itself. Details:300mm, f/7.1 & 1/500. Only post production is a bit of colour tweaking in iPhoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Information on photo:
Photographer: Paul Galatis
Title: Approaching the Planet
Subject: a piece of Abalone shell.
Camera: Canon T4i
Lens: an old Tokina 35-70 mm zoom from “pre-autofocus” film days set at 35 mm, f/8
Lens mounted reversed on a bellows

Illumination via 2 small LED flashlights.
ISO @ 6400, exposure of about 1/60 sec

Imaged area across ~ 4 mm, equal to about 6x magnification on the sensor.
Or about 60x magnification when printed 10” across.
Minor exposure adjustments (curves &” burn” on background)