Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest August/September 2015: Sunrise &/or Sunset

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Open Competition (Contest) August 16 - September 30, 2015: Sunset &/Or Sunrise

NEW GUIDELINES for this Competition: Please Read Below

Category: Sunset &/or Sunrise
Contest Begins: August 16, 2015
Contest Ends: September 30th, 2015
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Competition (Contest)
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots which include the sun rising or sun setting. This can also include things in the surroundings/environment to bring interest to the viewer. For example, it may include your best shot of sail boats sailing on the sea at sunrise, or sun set. Another example would be showing the sun setting, or rising, during a walk on the beach.

For this particular competition, the photos do not have a time limit on when they have been taken. Photos entered can be from years ago, as well as more recently. They just need to be posted in this thread by the end of the competition to be counted within this contest.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions. We look forward to seeing your photographs!

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Sunrise (Infinity Pool) in the Caribbean and Sunset in Hawaii.

Taken with canon 600d f/6.3, 1/100sec. ISO 100, 55mm on Saturday evening around 7.30 BST

Attached Files Image(s)

Taken with Canon 600D, f/7.1, 1/125 sec. ISO100, 55mm focal length, on Saturday evening around 19.45 hrs.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the first two, will work on a 3rd.

Sunset over the Chesapeake

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: DSC_3341.JPG]
Belfast 10/03/2013 18:24 NIKON D800 f/22 1/80 sec iso-1400 130mm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-EYUjH...H_0653.JPG
Cobh (Co Cork) 11/08/2015 22:24 NIKON D800 f/4.5 1/250 sec iso-100 120mm

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-XZbI1...Bcopy2.jpg
Belfast 28/08/2013 12:36 NIKON D800 f/4 1/60 sec iso-200 50mm

Canon 600d f/4.5, 1/20 sec, ISO 100, 19mm. Taken in Lincoln, England

Attached Files Image(s)

(re-submitted at a viewable size!)

Belfast 10/03/2013 18:24 NIKON D800 f/22 1/80 sec iso-1400 130mm

Attached Files Image(s)

(Resubmitted at a viewable size!)

Cobh (Co Cork) 11/08/2015 22:24 NIKON D800 f/4.5 1/250 sec iso-100 120mm

Attached Files Image(s)

(Resubmitted at a viewable size!)

Belfast 28/08/2013 12:36 NIKON D800 f/4 1/60 sec iso-200 50mm

Attached Files Image(s)

And Adding my 3rd image, Morro Rock Sunset, Morro Bay, California.

Canon 5DIII, 1/25s, F/11, ISO 100, 70mm.

(Aug 29, 2015, 23:23)EnglishBob Wrote:  And Adding my 3rd image, Morro Rock Sunset, Morro Bay, California.

Canon 5DIII, 1/25s, F/11, ISO 100, 70mm.

Wow - gorgeous.

Taken with Nikon D800 at ISO400; 1/500 at F6.3; 300mm focal length.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Aug 16, 2015, 15:11)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Open Competition (Contest) August 16 - September 30, 2015: Sunset &/Or Sunrise

NEW GUIDELINES for this Competition: Please Read Below

Category: Sunset &/or Sunrise
Contest Begins: August 16, 2015
Contest Ends: September 30th, 2015
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Competition (Contest)
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots which include the sun rising or sun setting. This can also include things in the surroundings/environment to bring interest to the viewer. For example, it may include your best shot of sail boats sailing on the sea at sunrise, or sun set. Another example would be showing the sun setting, or rising, during a walk on the beach.

For this particular competition, the photos do not have a time limit on when they have been taken. Photos entered can be from years ago, as well as more recently. They just need to be posted in this thread by the end of the competition to be counted within this contest.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions. We look forward to seeing your photographs!

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Attached Files Image(s)

My first --- Early morning shot at my favorite park. Early sun golden road.............

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon Eos 1D Mk iv. EF 28 - 105mm. f16 @ 1/30 sec.
[img][Image: 16601862289_8738626472_z.jpg]2015-03-10-11- by Martin Goodwin, on Flickr[/img]
Canon Eos 350D. EF 18 - 55mm. f20 @ 1/100 sec.
[img][Image: 8342618964_cb3cd6d5ac_z.jpg]Sunrise-0242 by Martin Goodwin, on Flickr[/img]
Canon Eos 350D. EF 18 - 55mm. f20 @ 1/125 sec.
[img][Image: 6362002923_835784cdd3_z.jpg]Sunrise over Boscombe Beach by Martin Goodwin, on Flickr[/img]
First time posting, so apologies if I got it wrong.
On edit:
OK, I got it wrong.

Upton Warren, Worcestershire, 4/9/15.

Regards, all

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Sunset View
Barbara

sunset in idaho, august 30, 2015
[Image: 21464555361_6fb8b10cd9_b.jpg]

[Image: s1377photobucket.com]
2 images Mayo Ireland at Sunrise and Clarksdale Mississippi at Sunset
Eddie Soye
soyee@eircom.net

Here is my Newcastle upon tyne going to work morni g picture 'the light on the tyne is all mine all mine'[/font]

Attached Files Image(s)

Have i entered correctly?
Graham

The image looks very small, 1024 * 768 is a good size to use for the forums. And then be sure to "insert image into post" so it shows inline, rather than as an attachment.