[Image: AC3R7725%20Just%20Happy%20Being%20a%20Duck-L.jpg]
Just Happy Being a Duck
[Image: Pair%20of%20geese%20flying%20overhead-L.jpg]
Migration
[Image: AC3R7455-L.jpg]
Mom doing a head count

Super, Technical details? Ed.

To each his own!

(Jul 18, 2014, 00:59)EdMak Wrote:  Super, Technical details? Ed.
Hi Ed, thank you
First 2 1DX 300mm IS 11
Third 1DX 300mm IS 11 with 2X 111 extender
If you click on the pic it will take you to a web site where at the bottom right you can click on the exclamation mark icon for the rest of the particulars eg. fstop, iso etc...
Vincent

(Jul 6, 2014, 22:20)Son60 Wrote:  This feathered felon is just biding his time.

Love this shot, Great comp, excellent contrast and color! Nice job!!!!
Di

Heron at dusk.

Blue tit ready for off!

A lot of bird to get in the air

Local lake Canon EOS500D f5.6 1/600 ISO 200 Focal lengths 250 mm at rest 179 mm in flight

Great Crested Grebe - Ham Wall RSPB Somerset: D610+1.4x Nikon at 550mm 1/640 f10 ISO400 Spot metering.

Attached Files Image(s)

Since this is a contest, comments are not really appropriate. Worth posting on the Critique site, to allow comments/suggestions, etc. Ed.

To each his own!

Nuthatch on the wing    

Watch out! He's coming right at us!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi folks,

This will be my first post on the site and I will limit myself to a breeding pair of hawks I found not far from me. I am in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. All shots are taken with a Canon T3i using a Canon 75-300mm f4-5.6 lens.

Shot at f8, 1/2000 sec and ISO 200.

f5.6, 1/800 sec and ISO 100

f 5.6, 1/400 sec and ISO 100

Grebe at Hartsholme Park in Lincoln UK

Photo 

Pelican in Flight, taken in Manzanillo Mexico in March 2014

[Image: 14439447463]

Hi
This is the first time I have entered this (or any other) photo contest. I have attached three photos, from a family afternoon out, which was at the water fowl sanctuary at wigginton heath, Oxfordshire.

(Jul 1, 2014, 11:43)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest July 2014: Birds In Flight

Category: Birds At Rest Or In Flight
Contest Begins: July 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: July 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography of birds at rest or in flight.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: imagejpg3.jpg] I like this picture because the bird almost seems to smile hope I have managed to post it.Alan

Nikon D610+80-400G using Manual setting f10 1/800 ISO 400 at 400mm...Squacco Heron at Danube Delta

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 9a2d6f70e36572cf91321f3c42094578.jpg]Duck in flight f5.6 iso 800
[Image: d3b7376253f00355cc2d16ba2f683928.jpg] Taken on local estate

Water walkers.

Attached Files Image(s)

Canada Goose taking off. Shot with a Cannon 550 and 100-400 lens on a small nature reserve called Wyde Marsh, in the English Midlands

Attached Files Image(s)

A mother duck finally takes on an aggressive avocet and puts the aggressor to flight....to see why...click http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...7#pid96297. Nikon D610 + 80-400G +1.4x. 1/500 at ISO 500 at 550mm and cropped...

Attached Files Image(s)

First of all, thank you to all those who added to the July contest thread! There were some really nice entries!

Congratulations to brianapenney for the entry of the duckling (post #11)! This entry was selected as the June contest winner!

We look forward to seeing more entries in the August Photography Contest thread!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

am I too late to show my favorite bird photo. In his eye you can see me, watching him, watching me. I love Owls for their sharp vision.

Top marks. ( See it is still warm)!! Ed.

To each his own!

(Sep 2, 2014, 13:24)EdMak Wrote:  Top marks. ( See it is still warm)!! Ed.

Thanks Ed - appreciate your kind response - Roger