• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest June 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest June 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

Category: Your Best Photo Shot
Contest Begins: June 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: June 30th, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography. This can include anything that is family friendly - scenery, people, trees, flowers, objects, and more.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

(Jun 1, 2014, 13:52)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest June 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography. This can include anything that is family friendly - scenery, people, trees, flowers, objects, and more.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jun 1, 2014, 13:52)Barbara G. Wrote:  ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest June 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

Guidelines:

Judging

Questions?

(Jun 2, 2014, 10:24)ikisshorses Wrote:  

Guidelines:

Judging

Questions?

Attached Files Image(s)

Path to the beach, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Glen Haven, Northern Lower Peninsula, Michigan

Zig zag in the marsh.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thoughtfulness.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Jun 5, 2014, 05:34)WDHewson Wrote:  Thoughtfulness.

Love the simplicity

Cracking. Ed. (Try it as an upright)?

To each his own!

I don't know about 'BEST' photo shot, because the term 'best' is so subjective. This is however one of my 'favourite' photographs I have taken. I have also to rule myself out of the contest with this 'particular' photograph because it isn't digital and it hasn't been taken recently.

It was taken in 1987 of my then 88 year old Grandmother (Dads Mum). I used a Canon A1, the lens was a Canon FD fit 70-210 F/4 and the on camera flash was a Nissin 340T. Settings were 60th/sec, F/4, bounced and flagged flash off side wall/ceiling which was set to auto (green) which gives up to half power. I can say this with certainty as those were the settings I always used indoors in relatively small rooms. I've still got the camera and still use the flash for some subjects. The film was FujiChrome 100. Gran passed on, on the late evening 26th May 1994, my wife's birthday and shortly before her own 95 birthday.

Hope you like Grandma. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

One to be proud of Phil, as I am sure Gran was. Ed.

To each his own!

Cheers Ed,

I wish I could say that I'd Printed it as well, but, one of the darkroom boys did it for me in the colour darkroom facilities of the old Gloucestershire College of Arts, using the Ilford CibaChrome system. Things are much more convenient and less 'messy' now we all use computers!! Smile

Regards.

Phil.

This is sunrise in St Augustine, Florida

My third and final photo

It's dawn at Worcester Racecourse as the balloon fires up and lifts the emotion....

Attached Files Image(s)

Try cropping to exclude the horizontal rail. Ed.

To each his own!

Or alternatively 'clone it out'. Which side of the bridge were you?

Regards.

Phil.

The Worcester racecourse is east of the river and north of the bridge...(the cricket ground is immediately south of the bridge on the west side, and the cathedral is to the south on the east bank).

Chaps: my thinking is that as it stands, with the tit tat in the background, the picture tells a story - the racecourse railings, the balloon security tie and the air fan lurking in the background set the scene and explain why the wry smile. It is isn't really meant to be a portrait as such but an experience - I fear if I crop out the bits and pieces we lose the point of the picture. My fair lady is only the leading player in the cast. Make sense?

I should perhaps add that the picture is a detail cropped out of a long zoom shot from a distance so the composition of the shot is intentional....Cheers!

A Gannet collecting nesting material on the cliffs

Angels Trumpets

(Jun 13, 2014, 14:49)Freeman Wrote:  The Worcester racecourse is east of the river and north of the bridge...(the cricket ground is immediately south of the bridge on the west side, and the cathedral is to the south on the east bank).

Chaps: my thinking is that as it stands, with the tit tat in the background, the picture tells a story - the racecourse railings, the balloon security tie and the air fan lurking in the background set the scene and explain why the wry smile. It is isn't really meant to be a portrait as such but an experience - I fear if I crop out the bits and pieces we lose the point of the picture. My fair lady is only the leading player in the cast. Make sense?

Fair comment, but the viewer, or at least me! does not understand this, I see a distracting Rail, across and down, a diagonal something, and another something in the bottom left, hence my comments. As always though, to each his own. I did make it into a nice pic of your wife though. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Derbygirl, two crackers, well caught. Any post processing. Thanks. Ed.

To each his own!

Thank you. Only some cropping. Not got into Photoshop yet. Still trying to get to grip with the settings on the camera!