Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest June 2014: Your Best Photo Shot

[quote='webber' pid='95959' dateline='1404154913']
My first image is of a bluebell wood in Wiltshire. I used a photoshop filter on the trees to give an added effect of height.
[img]

I would love a print of this wonderfully dramatic composition. Love it! Regards, Jeff

Is image 1 Grovely woods? Used to spen a lot of time picking bluebells there when I was a kid. Love the effect you have used. The second image is brilliant. Lots of contrast. Not sure why the third does not work for me. I keep looking at it and all I can come up with is that the bench steals the show yet none of the lead lines go to it. I might be tempted to clone it out and see if that leaves an even better pic.

(Jul 2, 2014, 06:35)brianapenney Wrote:  Is image 1 Grovely woods? Used to spen a lot of time picking bluebells there when I was a kid. Love the effect you have used. The second image is brilliant. Lots of contrast. Not sure why the third does not work for me. I keep looking at it and all I can come up with is that the bench steals the show yet none of the lead lines go to it. I might be tempted to clone it out and see if that leaves an even better pic.

Thanks for the comments, the woods are Westwoods near Avebury. Wiltshire.

First of all, thank you to all those who added to the June contest thread! There were some really nice entries!

Congratulations to Derbygirl for the entry of the Angels Trumpets! This entry was selected as the June contest winner!

We look forward to seeing more entries in the July Photography Contest thread!!

Superb pictures dave, the ocean liner looks like its parked on land, also your Canon Eos 6d images have a beautiful color tone, detail and so silky smoothness that oozes `quality` from that full-frame sensor! Wink